Thursday

Michelle's Jingle Balls


I found this ad somewhere in Sunday's over-stuffed New York Times, and I've gotta say it freaked me out. It seems that in between practicing for the Sony Open, applying for early admissions to Stanford, and being named one of Time Magazines "100 People who Shape our World", Michelle still has time to build snowmen and string golf balls. That's just crazy! And it makes me feel like I'm way, way behind on this Christmas thing. Starbucks has been in red cups for weeks and I've only bought two presents! And they're both for me. I have done some Christmas stuff; I've put up the misletoe and found a couple of good recipes for eggnog shooters. But I'm still not nearly up to where little Ms. Wie is. And that bothers me. Is she channeling Martha Stewart or something? Anyway, this weekend I'm definitely going to catch up on my shopping, make my cookies, and string some golf balls. That is, unless I can find a course that's still open, cause it's supposed to get all the way up to 42 degrees.

9 comments:

  1. I'd wager that picture was taken over the summer on a soundstage somewhere - that snowman doesn't look real...

    Don't stress Patricia - the holidays are supposed to be a time for reflective contemplation, family and friends, not freaking out about some "to do list"...

    Michelle's in Hawaii, studying for midterms...

    Winter solstice is in two more weeks, and then the days start getting longer again...now where'd we put that virgin that we were going to sacrifice???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,

    I am looking to buy some nice tote bags in the $100 price range for co-workers that I consider as friends. I bought this one from Filson (after reading it in the GQ magazine) and it is fantastic. Of course I can't buy the same for several people.

    Do you have any recommendation of any other brand I should look at?

    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe that's why Michelle isn't winning anything. She's too busy making snowmen and stringing golf balls to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her tree looks tacky, her snowman looks fake and there's no way she could ever get a sewing needle through a golfball. Martha Stewart she ain't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shooter recipes. I know what I'll be drinking this weekend. ;-}...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok - there are the liberals gushing about Chrismukkah and Kwanzaa, O'Riely and the neocons barking about the attack on Christmas, and now there's Michelle Wie decorating a Tree with golf balls.

    I definitely think eggnog shooters are the way to go

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shopping Impaired...you couldn't be too impaired if you chose the Filson. It's a really nice bag. Alternatives: If you're gifting a girly-girl, try www.ameandlulu.com. No only do they have great tote bags in really cute colors and patterns but they've got lots of matching accessories, tee bags, shoe bags, club covers, etc. and not expensive.
    For something less feminine, Fossil has a good collection. Thanks for asking my opinion. I may just do a post on golf tote bags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the balls were strung by child labor in vietnam at .25 a day..typical nike wages

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat,

    Thanks for the recommendation...I am leaning towards those from Fossil...

    Merry xMas...Thanks once again...

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...