Tuesday

It's Back to School for Ernie Els

Up till yesterday Ernie Els was still planning on "making the short journey from New York to Boston for the Deutsche Bank Championship". That's what he wrote in his blog less than 48 hours ago. Earlier today however, he announced he'll skip this tournament to take care of some back-to-school preparations with his kids at the family home in the UK.

It almost sounds like he took a page from Lorena Ochoa's keeping it in perspective book, doesn't it? I'm sure this'll come as a shock to some. After all, Ernie's been playing so well, and he had a real chance of winning after his fourth place finish in Harrison on Sunday. But I remember how important it was for us to have our Dad around for the start of school. We would have have had a family Insurrection had he not been there, but he was a P.E. teacher - not a PGA Champion, so he always was.

Like with Tiger's absence from The Barclays, this will surely set the stage for some serious slamming of the Fedex Cup. Whatevs. The fact is, Ernie is 10th on the FedEx Cup points list, and he's planning to be in Chicago in two weeks for the third leg of the playoffs... so guess what? I just invented an awesome Ernie Els Recipe for the Fedex Cup Cocktail Contest! * It's based on the recipe for a South African Smoothie and on this South African golfer's very smooth swing.

The Big Easy Blaster

2 oz Amarula Cream liquor
1/2 Banana
1 scoop Vanilla Ice-cream

Blend all ingredients on high until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and garnish with shaved chocolate.

8 comments:

  1. This is the SS Cal special, I think you'll like it .

    Morning, - Check GGDiary, no SS cal - One shot of Cuervo Gold, chilled, and straight out of the bottle.

    Noon - Check GGDiary, no SS cal - One shot of Cuervo Gold, warm, and straight out of the bottle.

    Evening - Check GGDiary, no SS cal - One shot of Cuervo Gold, Hot, and straight out of the bottle.

    Morning - Check GGDiary, no SS cal - One Shot of Cuervo Gold chilled, and straight out of the bottle.

    Noon - etc etc. etc. .

    just kidding! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I love Cuervo Golf...I mean Gold.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you liked it :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really yummy, I may need to link to you for my Pre-Weekend Elixir post on Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the SS cal anonymous is referring to, the swim suit calender that golf girl has been promising us all summer? I think he or she has not been on this site long enough to realize that GG is a big tease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I realize it, but really its all just in fun, hey she's a pretty girl who occasionally shares her "flirty" photos with us, so really I'm okay with that, I would just like to see them posted more often ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I apologize for the SS delay, but I assure you I'm working this project with the limited time and resources that I have. You see I'm committed to producing something of high quality, and my funding is very limited, (meaning I have to do everything myself) so it's just taking time. I assure you though it's going to happen. Thanks for your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl...I mean golf girl. I knew you won't disappoint all your fans!! You are committed to this site and golf.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...