Monday

Paula Creamer Wins - Pink Golf Balls Benefit

Sales of pink golf balls will undoubtedly soar on the heels of Paula Creamer's Tournament of Champions victory yesterday. She won by eight strokes against a field of the world's top female golfers, by playing stellar golf and dominating throughout the tournament. And this was her first victory with a pink golf ball. Oh, she plays with them often, and even touts their virtues in an ultra-cute ad with Nick Price, but all her victories have been with white balls. Till now.

Paula seems quite pleased with this little detail, and I'm thinking this might drive a trend towards pros playing with balls of diverse colors. Maybe the guys will even get into the act. The traditionalists will never go for it... I know that... but I'm just waiting for Ian Poulter to choose his color. And I'm sort of hoping it'll be lavender.

6 comments:

  1. I love pink golf balls but I'm always surprised how hard it is to find any color but white. I suppose that's not as much of a prob for Paula as it is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, do you mean finding them in stores or finding them when you've hit them in some crazy direction? I'm thinking you mean that later, and it's true, white balls are always the easiest to spot. I'm afraid I lose a lot of those too though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pink balls be phat my nigga's

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to admit i was toying with the idea of attending butches school in LV. I guess were all inspired by his alliance with tiger...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have quite a few pink balls in different shades but have a superstitious belief they won't go as well as white ones. I think Ian P, would like them, though, they would match his shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have a tough time finding pink golf balls too - so i created a site to always have easy access!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...