Wednesday

Sex in the Office - At a Golf Magazine?




















It does happen ... and I'm looking forward to witnessing it next week, right here in Connecticut.

There is, a prominent golf magazine with offices here... just down the road from me in fact... but don't jump to any conclusions. I'm going to catch this action on the stage of the Westport Country Playhouse, a wonderful theater, housed in a red barn, in the artsy CT town of Wesport.

Scramble! is described as "a delicious office comedy about the howlingly incompetent staff of a golf magazine". (ouch)

Anyway, when a rumor spreads that the magazine may be sold, everyone fears that their job is on the line, leading to "outlandish relationships, mistaken identities and hilarious situations". All the characters end up in "intimate situations" for all the wrong reasons, and in some instances, with all the wrong people. It sounds like lots of fun to me... the show, I mean... and I'll be checking it out on Tuesday.

When I heard about this play, I immediately wondered what inspired it, and how a golf magazine came to be the setting. Well that question was answered, by the playwright himself, David Wiltse, in a video interview together with Tracy Brigden, the play's director. Mr Wiltse, is currently playwright-in-residence at Westport Country Playhouse and has won numerous awards for his work, however, I don't get the feeling he plays much golf.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. I wish I could go and watch the play with you. Must be fun! I also believe that the author never played golf!
    All the best!
    Carlos Tondo - Itaara Golf Club - Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you unequivocally, nothing salacious ever happens at the "prominent golf magazine".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward own that theater, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia~ I do miss those beautiful theatres in the NE. This play sounds like so much fun. But truly, the playwright's got it wrong when it comes to golf mags - I'd venture to say 95% of the golf mags contributors and staff play the game...Wish I was there to see it with you! ~Nikki @17fairway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making goonzu gold
    is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of goonzu money
    . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of goonzu online gold
    almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of cheap goonzu gold
    here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buy goonzu gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...