Wednesday

Create Your Own Golf Word Orgy (Awesome)

















You know how every once in a while you come across something so fabulous you just want to tell everyone about it...But then you don't really want people to know about it because it's so good you want it to be your secret...And then, in the end, you've just got to share it because it wouldn't be fair to keep it to yourself?

Well that's what happened with me and Wordle. Wordle is a website that takes your text and magically mixes it up into a beautiful "orgy of words" (my discription). You can enter a page of text or even a URL... or you can selectively enter chosen words. In each case an amazingly formatted word cloud will result and I assure you, you'll be delighted. Yes delighted I said, and I mean it. It's that much fun.

I actually discovered Wordle on Meghan Asha's ultra amazing blog. Meghan is a gorgeous geek (yep, they exist)... one of the fabulous Non Society girls. Since she was nice enough to share it with her readers, I thought I should be too.

Of course the first thing I did was to put in golf words. The wordle above is just a snippet of the wikipedia entry for "golf". Yep, believe it or not. ...And the two below are two different renditions of one of my favorite blog posts. The one I wrote recently about the Lacoste family. There are tons of stellar wordles on the site too.

So give Wordle a try, use your imagination and create your own orgy. Believe me, it's fun!





























Update Had to add this "PGA Tour winners from 1997 to 2007" by reader Cal. Such a perfect graphic representation of Tiger's dominance.

12 comments:

  1. I like this for making a logo...haven't checked out all the features but I assume one can save the files as JPEGs...sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about PGA Tour winners from 1997 to 2007?

    http://wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/46946/PGA_Golf_Tour_winners_1997_-_2007

    Certainly shows how dominant TW has been...

    ReplyDelete
  3. First a Mary reference, now Meghan. Does that mean the leader, Julia is next? Can't wait to see what she has to offer to a golf blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to mention that this is highly addictive. I just spent 2 hours making Wordles :o/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cool. and the gallery is fascinating too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize wasting time doing this could be so much fun! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sensational!
    What a great idea. Will be livening up my blog posts with some of these.
    Thanks Patricia and thanks Wordle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it and am so going to try this and to share it with my readers - love the share and love the Non Society girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo I also like what someone said about making this as a logo of sorts - good call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG ~ This is way cool! Thanks for sharing ~ can't wait to try it out! You are constantly a wealth of information I am coming to discover! Kepp up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making hero gold
    is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of hero online gold. Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of hero online moneyalmost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of hero money here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buy hero gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...