Wednesday

Golf Obsession & Oral Fixation? There's a Tee for That

.













Are you one of those golfers who's constantly gnawing on a tee? I know I am.

I guess it's what they call an oral fixation. My pen caps have always been deformed by bite marks. Wood pencils too... their erasers totally bitten off. I know, it sounds disgusting. Sorry.

Anyway, when I took up golf I was delighted to find something new to chew on: golf tees. Tee's are quite exquisitely chew-able too... except for the taste. Bland. Generally they taste like wood. And wood tastes boring. Enter Tasty Golf Tees, flavored golf tees.

I discovered them a couple of years ago and I've been chewing them...and playing off them...ever since. They're available in Cherry and Mint, with Strawberry, Grape and Cinnamon. These tasty tees were were invented by John Packes and Ramon E. Peralta Jr, a couple of ultra creative guys from right here in my home state of CT. I recently reconnected with them on Twitter and it was great to see how well their company was doing.

This leads me to believe there must be numerous orally fixated golfers out there.

10 comments:

  1. I trying to give up smoking and I'm thinking this might help. Cinnamon sounds like the best.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I chewed the erasers off my scorecard pencils, my scores would be much higher...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, no mango? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why they don't just make beef jerky tees, that sounds much better than chemically flavored splinters in my tongue...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photo caption: Here's lookin' at chew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ash - Cinnamon is definitely the best of the lot as a smoking surrogate.

    One-Eyed - I always bring an extra eraser.

    Hack - Agreed. *sigh* I'll suggest it.

    Joe - Thanks, I just filed a patent.

    Anon - You should Twitter them that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I'm reading this - the wine and cheese golferette chewing on golf tees that have been in fertilizer treated dirt ? WOW !! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, okay, I'll try those tees but I insist on bringing along a batch of my delicious crumpets.

    I'm just concerned, when I arrive on the greens, about those eight, sometimes 12 players that always seem to congregate on the tee behind me and shout incessantly as I begin my string of putts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm usually not a freak about chemicals, fertilizers and such, but chewing on golf tees grosses me out--and I have almost devoured a Bic or two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's weird that's for sure but for some reason I love it! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...