Wednesday

Bob Hope Classic Style - Pink PUMA on Rickie Fowler

.
The weather was decidedly brisk in La Quinta today... and the afternoon saw some rain roll in, but it wasn't the washout some were predicting.

And that's a good thing, because it would have been a shame to throw rain gear over one of the most amazingly awesome golf outfits in history. The look was by PUMA. A V-Neck sweater and tailored trousers rendered in several shades of pink and as illustrated in the photo above, Mr. Fowler wore it well. He looked... ethereal. Yes, that's the word, implausible as it may seem when discribing a golf outfit. And the brooding expression (which no doubt reflects the disappointment of a not-so-stellar first round 74) only added to the charm. Ricki Fowler is evidently one of those guys who "looks so cute when he's mad."

Hopefully, the rains will hold off, the tournament will proceed without delay and the one they've been calling a rookie phenomenon will have a better round tomorrow. ~I'm pretty sure he looks cute when he's happy too.

Photo: c/o BobHopeClassicGirls @BobHopeClassic on Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Too, too cute! I love the big polka dots but must confess I refuse to spend that kind of money on golf clothes. At least until I can actually be a real golfer. Forget the fact I've been golfing for more than 15 years. I'm still not worthy of those kind of clothes, but my time is coming. I just know it!

    However, in the newest issue of Martha Stewart's Living, there's an article on how to mend sweaters with holes by simply appliqueing large dots. So, I'm thinking I really like this idea. Too bad I threw away the sweaters with holes in them, huh?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look IS amazing & Rickie IS adorable. I hope he does better tomorrow. I agree Snooty, the PUMA clothes can be pricey, but they also go on sale quite often so it's worth having a look on their site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOO CUTE!

    Snooty, I'm the opposite. I bought the clothes before I could play. Made me "feel" the part. Maybe it was just a good excuse to splurge.

    Although I did already have a collection of Lacoste shirts in about every color. So I'd indulge on a skort knowing I had a shirt to match.

    Ash is right. They do offer some good sales. Got a great deal on a Puma shirt for Hubbie at Trendygolf.com.

    Plus if you don't mind buying last year's styles (I don't), this is a great time to stock up for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please excuse my ignorance, I am not a golf fan, but are you guys claiming that a MAN is wearing that sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing wrong with a man wearing pink....but male or female..you need to be self confidence to pull off clothes that bright!

    I find it interesting that Puma is now an upscale brand..it was a discount mass market brand in the 70's 80's and early 90's

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks like Leonardo DiCaprio in that picture. I guess that's allright, if you're into that sort of thing.

    I'm not yet to the point of wearing pink myself. I took the step to purple a few years ago, and that went OK.

    Also, they don't make a lot of stuff in pink in 3XL, which is what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer about the rain!

    Check out this cool interactive tour of SilverRock Resort, one of the host courses for this year's Bob Hope Classic!

    http://fairways360.com/silverrock-resort-aerial/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink is not easy to carry off as a man but I have to say, he looks pretty cool...maybe it's all that moolala he's making!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...