Monday

Travelers Championship - A Fabulous Field Comes to CT


A big week for Connecticut golf fans begins today as Travelers Championship week gets underway at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell. ~ And 2010 is going to feature an awesome player field... as in: 11 Major Champions and 31 players who've won PGA TOUR events in the past two years.

And, in addition to the fabulous field, Travelers has a whole slew of events and activities planned, that take fan experience beyond the tournament... things like Women's Day, Men's Health Week and Fan & Family Day.

I'll be writing about all of it this week, so tune in here regularly. And... I'm finalizing plans for a Travelers Championship Tweetup on Thursday or Friday. We should have the details set by tomorrow afternoon.

7 comments:

  1. I'll be there. Maybe you can get Rickie to come. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get back out there this year. Last year was great, I love those finishing holes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing Stewart Cink will be at the Tweetup. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you were all over the place today! I'm going to try to get up there Saturday and I'm hoping to see Kenny, so tell him to make the cut. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most people don't realize that golf gives more to charity than all the other sports combined. Travelers is a good example as they donate 100% of their proceeds to charity. Sure it good for CT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have a feeling this might be Rickie Fowler's breakthrough win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. .

    langston,

    regarding CHARITY contributions from pro golf - and i realize the charities are needing these donations for good causes - the real reason may not be so benevolent

    i personally do not have a cemented opinion but if you're interested i can direct you to sources

    anyway be well

    frankD
    ft liquordale F L A

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...