Wednesday

Oakmont Eats Golfers for Breakfast... One by One


That's what they say... and players are preparing for an epically challenging U.S. Women's Open, made more grueling by a record breaking heatwave. World number one Cristie Kerr called it "...one of the hardest courses I've ever seen" ...and I think we can assume she's seen a few hard courses.



I'll be in Oakmont for Saturday's round which is especially awesome because I didn't think I'd be able to make it happen... and I love heat and humidity (I know, I'm weird) so the weather isn't an issue for me either. However I'm flying out with a friend who just obtained her pilot's license a month ago, and that sort of is. Hmmm... what we won't do for golf.

6 comments:

  1. OMG have a great flight ~ how fun is that!! Take pictures on your flight of your adventure.

    Actually...I think I would prefer to fly with a friend pilot than commercial ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty Cristie looks! I hope she has a great tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great flight! Enjoy the tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    a hard course tests the mental as well as the physical ability of all the players

    the biggest difference between a pro and a casual player if the ability to get out of trouble

    on a hard course even the pro will have a real challenge if that pro finds themselves in trouble

    of course ego being what it is this tests a pro's patience

    over a round this can become mentally stressful and some pros cope better than others

    otherwise physically they are all playing the same golf course, just under different mental states

    frankD
    ft lauderdale, FLA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate flying so I don't blame you for that but the tournament should be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So after Cristie's performance a few weeks ago amd Paula's performance yesterday, can we put to rest all the talk of how poor the US women have been playing. Also Morgan Pressel went over and won a prestigious event in Japan just months ago.

    Hats off to Miss Creamer. To win by 4 and be the only player under par on THAT course is tremendous. Add the fact she is still playing a bit hurt and has played little golf this year.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...