Saturday

Birdies & Bunnies & Tillinghast: Playboy Scramble NY











Let's say you love golf, but you've grown a bit weary of the ongoing Dustin Johnson/Whistling Straits story... and you don't quite feel ready to tackle that 82-page volume called, "The Rules of Golf".

Perhaps it's the perfect time to consider a... lighter, less draconian... kind of golf event. I'm talking about the Playboy Scramble, said by many to be the worlds most unique and exciting golf tournament.

Semi-finals take place all over the US, as well as well as in Canada and Australia. The format is a four person scramble, the courses are stellar, and the events feature unique extras like player's parties, Playmates and the fabulous Girls of Golf. ~ Later in the year there's a National Championship which takes place in Southern California and includes a pajama party or two at the iconic Playboy Mansion. Playboy Scrambles are about golf but they're also about having fun.

The thing is, I'm a bit tired of the whole Bunker-Gate thing myself, and I've been wanting to attend a Playboy Scramble for a while now... and I just found out the New York scramble is on Monday.

So I'm going! And I'm really looking forward to it. Especially since it's taking place at Dellwood Country Club which has an amazing history and a course designed by my absolute favorite golf architect, A. W. Tillinghast. I'll be sure to let you know how the Girls of Golf do on the classic par threes.

For complete information... about the NY event or upcoming events in other cities... check out Playboy Golf.

12 comments:

  1. I want one of those outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I'm definitely looking forward to that report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want them in my foursome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It should be fascinating to get an inside view of a Playboy Scramble from a woman's perspective. Although a "guys behaving badly" stereotype still exists around Playboy I suspect their events are really more about entertainment and fun than anything really lewd and lascivious. I can't wait to read about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia all the guys are going to think you are one of the Playboy models

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    well i guess someone should comment about the GOLF COURSE - no ?

    although i haven't been there since a company picnic many years ago, dellwood is noticable in it large enhanced mounds and tiny well groomed bushes and very tight hole locations with a memorable back nine coming in

    the only down side is its on the jersey side of the hudson, but hey, so is most of the country - right ?

    hope the rain holds

    frankD
    ft lauderdale, F L A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review Frank. It sounds like a classic Tillinghast design... always a pleasure to play. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. uhh..."dessicating" means "drying out." I think you meant "dissecting..."

    Good Lord, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually Anon I meant dessicating as in "to break apart"... there is a usage, albeit quite rare, of dessicate that means that.

    "I do not think there was a single achievement of mine that a lawyer did not try to dessicate.
    — Bernard Cornwell, Sharpes Devil

    "...the priesthood have had this truth hammered into them, and they are quickening their formulæ with life to fit the life of the people, not striving to dessicate the people's life to fit their formulæ.”
    —Notes on Islam

    It's probably so rare few will understand it though... so I've changed the sentence thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s Playboy and it’s expensive, so I’d be rubbing elbows with celebrities and professional athletes. Cool. Plus, Playboy makes sure that every part of the golf tournament is filled with beautiful, sexy women. I mean, they even have Playboy Girls of Golf, who come along with you on the course, and make sure you are having a REAL GOOD TIME. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Playboy has these awesome Golf Scramble events, and included are these to die for Playboy parties that happen before and after golfing. And the best party is saved for last-the Pajama party!!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...