Friday

Valero Texas Open: Historic Tournament, Awesome Photo Op

Last month we wrote about the quintessentially Texan Valero Open and its impending 90th birthday celebration. Well, the tournament/celebration is now underway.

Matt Every's history-making, course-record was a highlight of round one... which certainly gives him reason to celebrate... along with the stellar weather, awesome ancilary activities and ultra-enthusiastic fans, ensure that the excitement will continue through the upcoming weekend.

One of the things I love most about golf is its unique history, so I'm really enjoying the VTO throwback photos.  They feature, modern day folk... presumably volunteers, staffers and fans... posing in old-time golf apparel with golden age golf equipment. The full gallery is on the Valero Texas Open Facebook page as are other timely updates from the San Antonio tournament, and I reccomend you check it out.

If you love golf and can't make to the Lone Star State, it's the next best thing to being there.

The Valero Texas Open on Facebook and Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I'll be there this weekend for the first time in 12 years, it was a yearly event for us when I was growing up so I can't wait. I'll send you a throwback pic if I get one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The children are adorable. Sounds like a great event for families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very informative & attractive for persons. Thankyou for giving useful information.

    Golfers Cover

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...