Wednesday

A Night With Nick












No, I don't mean that Nick. He's just my caddie, official photographer and husband.

I mean this Nick.













And I mean Knight, not night.

That's right... the guys at Golf Punk, The UK's ultra-edgy Golf Magazine, have a campaign underway to get a Knighthood for Nick Faldo. It's not something we yanks can really relate to, but in Britan it's the ultimate mark of distinction. And lots of golf fans would like to see Sir Nick right there along with Sir Paul(McCartney), Sir Sean (Connery) and Sir David (Becham), as a Knight of the Realm. There's even an on-line petition you can sign to advocate for Nick's Knighthood. Admittedly, he's won 6 major titles and spent 81 weeks on top of the world rankings...but, like the Nick I know so intimately, Mr. Faldo is sometimes perceived as a pain in the ass aloof and difficult. Thus, along with his supporters he's got his fair share of detractors.

So, in the end, time will tell if they'll be Knighting Nick...and if the 2008 European Ryder Cup team will be captained by Sir Nicholas Alexander Faldo, Commander of the Most Excellent Order, or just plain Nick.

9 comments:

  1. Nick Faldo is the most arrogant golfer in history. There's no way he should be Knighted, imagine what that would do to his already inflated ego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golf Girl - stop obsessing about Alvaro and Ernie and Camilo...and now Nick Faldo. This Nick... the humble French-born, international businessman (and often brilliant golfer)...needs lots more attention from you. Get home now and give me my massage! BTW, I'm expecting at least 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick...get over yourself! Your masseuse was at the house for 2 hours yesterday. You're a spoiled B@#$%*&!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I have found a golf magazine that I'd rather read each month...

    'Golf Punk Magazine' sure beats looking at Ernie Els chipping from a sand trap in Golf Digest each month...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia, I'm a from Sweden and I read your blog every day. Its the most fun golf blog there is but you should take better care of Nick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here here - a great blog Patricia, still being read each day here in New Zealand. Hope you and nick have a festive Christmas. Meanwhile it will be early mrining golf followed by blue sky and beaches for a few weeks here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick's the man! You deserve the 2 hours buddy and you're right to demand it. I have to find myself a masseuse, you know anyone in south jersey?

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was the best title in the world

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...