Monday

The Morgan Pressel Look - American Classic

Watching Morgan Pressel win in Palm Springs over the weekend, with her long, straight, strawberry blonde hair and fresh faced smile, you'd think she just stepped out of a glossy Ralph Lauren add. There at Mission Hills Country Club she was the picture of casual-but-elegant, uber-preppy Ralph Lauren style. Well the fact is, Mr. Lauren took notice of this young player shortly after she won the 2005 Women's Amateur Championship, which is why she's not only appeared in his ads... Morgan's actually the female face of Ralph Lauren Golf. And now she's the youngest major champion in LPGA tour history, which is probably almost as much of a victory for self-made fashion billionaire Lauren, as it is for the new LPGA Champion herself. What could be better for the brand, right?

"I am pure 100% Ralph Lauren, on and off the course and have been wearing his clothes since I was 13 years old. I have always been somebody to wear bright colors. I think that some of the Polo colors you can't find anywhere else. That's one of the things that I love." Morgan said this about a year ago, upon the announcement that she would be joining the likes Davis Love III, Tom Watson and Luke Donald as a Ralph Lauren sponsored golfer. I agree... some of those polo colors are awesome.

To see some clips of Morgan and the other RL golfers talking about their golf games, their personal styles and their affinity for the iconic look of Ralph Lauren check out RLTV. If you're anything like me you'll find yourself lusting for the chance to buy into the Ralph Lauren lifestyle. I don't think there's much of a chance of my ever being a Ralph Lauren sponsored golfer, but who knows, maybe I could be a Ralph Lauren sponsored golf blogger, right?