Tuesday

Sex and Golf ... in Dubai?

I'm ultra busy these days at my *IGFTJ...preparing for our big trade show next weekend... but not so busy that I've neglected my daily blogsploration duties, and today I was richly rewarded by the discovery of this engaging blog. The post in question features a group of Dubai golf girls playing at Jebel Ali Golf Resort, and what happens when they meet up with a group of Dubai golf guys. Think... Sex and the City meets Lawrence of Arabia. It's pretty steamy.

Dubai is a place I've been dreaming about for a while now, not only for the golf/spa/luxury thing, which is by all accounts stellar, and evolving at an uber-intense pace, but because it seems like a truly fascinating place; full of surprising juxtapositions, unlikely contradictions and really awesome shopping malls.

The fact is, Dubai is a contemporary boomtown, and one of the hottest places on the planet today ...and after reading Sex and Dubai I would venture to say the hotness extends way beyond its rapid commercialization and sizzling desert location.















The Burj Al Arab Hotel (Tiger's been know to practice tee shots off the helipad on top)

5 comments:

  1. This place certainly holds some degree of fascination for me, but I doubt I'd ever visit. It's just too far down the list of other places I'd rather travel to. Two years ago, Sports Illustrated ran a cool picture of Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras playing on top of that one building where they put up a tennis court. It's one of my favorite photographs. I would be curious to see the indoor ski slope, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to travel to Dubai in the 70s...It sounds like its a totally different place today. The local ladies were covered from head to toe back then. And there was no Buddha Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, those girls are wild!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stayed at the Burj Al Arab last year. It was like the fanciest,gaudiest Vegas Hotel, on steroids. I regret that I didn't get to play golf in Dubai though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Dubai girls don't leave much to the imagination do they? Not that I mind.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...