My Dubai Golf Lust Continues

For some time now I've had a bit of an obsession with all things Dubai. After all, I love over-the-top, at least from a distance. And subtle is something I aspire to only when I feel it's 100% necessary, like at a funeral. Otherwise, the bigger, the brighter the more breathtaking...the better. In my book, anyway.

So Dubai, that sparkling playground on the Arabian Peninsula, the fastest growing city in the world, was naturally going to attract my attention, and once my golf obsession kicked in last year, it became even more alluring. Because Dubai is golf central for the Middle East, with high profile tournaments, high level resident golfers and major golf developments slated for completion by the end of the decade.

On the other side of this double edged sword however, I've read a couple of recent articles about the rising cost of playing in Dubai. Indeed it seems a new imposed government fee has made Dubai one of the most expensive places in the world to play a round of golf. Unfortunately, it looks like my trip may have to be postponed for the forseeable future. Ouch. I hate unrequited lust!