Jan 30, 2008

Ian Poulter - Finally Dressed for Success ?

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I'm a huge Ian Poulter fan. I have been since I first noticed him last year in a lime green retro look, channeling Bing Crosby at the Masters.

The bodacious Brit is an awesome golfer by any standard, but the thing I've always liked most about him is the way he has fun with it. Dressing it up and playing it down... he always appeared to be enjoying himself while he entertained the audience. But now it seems he may not have been having all that much fun after all.

Over in Dubai, where many of golf's greats are gathering, Ian has been getting gobs of attention. Not for his outrageous outfits, but because he declared that if he played to his full potential, he, and he alone, could beat Tiger. Well, I don't know about you but I'm hoping his "full potential" doesn't preclude the awesome outfits.

Judging from the photo above I don't think I have much to worry about.