Wednesday

Awesome Autumn Golf At Pound Ridge Golf Course

At Pound Ridge Golf Course, Pound Ridge, NY                                                                                   @GolfGirlMedia 2008

This past weekend I did more than just mull about at the gates of Morefar.

I actually had a much more... satisfying... experience on Sunday at the gorgeous new Pound Ridge Golf Course.
It was just a familiarization visit... I toured the grounds, met the staff and had a Bloody Mary on the terrace... but now that I've seen the stunning layout, I'm thrilled at the prospect of playing the course, and hoping to be able to make it happen in the very near future.

Pound Ridge Golf Course is located about an hour north of Manhattan (and only 15 minutes from my house). The dramatic layout meanders through forests that open onto rolling meadows. Changing elevations, outcropping rock formations, wetlands and water hazards are all incorporated artfully... and with the onset of Autumn the course will soon be dappled with the beautiful burnished foliage this area is known for. Such is the genius of Pete Dye.

Yes, it's expensive. The greens fees are $235, including cart and use of the practice facilities. I've got to admit, before I saw it I was sceptical. Now, not not at all. Pound Ridge golf course is world class and well worth a premium.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this challenging course treats a high handicap golfer... such as... well... myself. Happily, from what I could see, the multiple tee locations should provide an enjoyable experience for all abilities levels. Yes, even mine.