Sunday

Golf Gifting in an Anti-Luxury Economy


















This time of year it's always been fun to write about awesome, over-the-top golf products: bejeweled golf markers... lusciously appointed golf bags... and, made to measure golf shoes (that some said were as, "sexy as Angelina Jolie on a nude beach")

Ultra-expensive, fantasy gifts always seemed more accessible at this time of year...even if they actually weren't. This year, however, things are decidedly different. High-end gifts are a bit out of style at the moment, for some rather obvious reasons. Uberluxury just seems so 2005 right now.

This year the emphasis, will most likely be on the more realistic gift options. The ones that most of the world's golfers really do buy, and give, and... play with.

And in the end, what's so bad about that?

8 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for the bejeweled ball marker. That's why I just signed up for sugardaddies.com. (saw the ad on the Golf Channel BION)! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, those golf gifting sugardaddy types are getting harder and harder to find. I guess I'll just stick to my hubby and hope for a new golf glove. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that ad on the Golf Channel too! Found it a bit strange. :0

    I do think this holiday season is going to be more down to earth than the past couple of years. And I don't think that's a bad thing at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is boris tomson..i have a Golf Club Reviews blog .i have reviewed your blog its such nice thought here... hey i have a request to you that if you review my golf blog and submit my blog link at your blog... i am so great full to you .......Thanks and keep smailing. :-)

    Resources of 7000 golf club review. Find FREE tips play this game opportunities. Update of latest free news,e books,tips,tools released by ...Golf Home page,black rock golf club

    http://golfclub-review.blogspot.coma
    Find Your Golf Clubs Reviews HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a comparison article on the shoes and Angelina -- complete with photos of course 8=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still can't figure out how the word "gift" became a verb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making knight gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of knight noah . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of knight online gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of knight online noahhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap knight gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...