Wednesday

Original & Unusual - Handmade Golf Items at Etsy

This distinctive necklace is called "friendly competition" and features a visor-wearing Barbie face, encased in some sort of mysterious gel, peering out of what appears to be a lime green bottle cap. At first glance I found it creepy. Now I kind of like it.

It's just one of many items you come up with when you do a search for golf on Etsy. Etsy is the awesome online marketplace where you can buy and sell items that are handmade.

I realize there may be a bit of Mars/Venus disconnect when the subject of handcrafts comes up. We Venusians tend to be crafts crazy; well love our glue guns and our glitter shakers, we watch and read Martha Stewart and we're generally intrigued by things DIY. You Martians usually don't get it. But whatever planet you may come from I'm pretty sure you'll find the Etsy golf items interesting at the very least and inspiring if you happen to be crafty yourself.

Personally, I love the Golf Cart Tote Bags, the Golf Themed Wine Glass Charms and the Golf Club Cufflinks. The Tiger Woods Wallet is ...surprising as is the Let's Go Golfing Lamp.

As for "Friendly Competition", I never though of Barbie as particularly friendly, but I'm beginning to really like the necklace.

11 comments:

  1. OK, that freaks me out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if I wore that during competition my opponent would be unnerved...is that the point? Hey, it's cheaper than a Q-Link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no - you were right the first time - that's creepy. What's with the white stripes on her face ? And what in the WORLD does that have to do with competition... friendly or not ?

    HEY now - men are highly DIY oriented - and here's the difference in male/female DIY projects - male projects are function oriented - female projects are decoration oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You think that one is creepy...follow the link in the blog to see the other pendants the artist is selling...::shivers::

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking that would be perfect for the looser of last weeks foursome to have wear during this weeks round! Out a few bucks AND have to wear Barbie's severed face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE to get Tiger Woods' wallet for Christmas.

    What? It's empty? It's not his real wallet? Ug....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Court...I think the white stripes are just reflections in the shiny "gel-like substance" the face is embedded in. I think it's quite cool by the way, but then I'm known for my eccentric tastes. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of really cute onsies on there if you know any golf babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee hee! We Venusians do like all things Martha Stewart & crafty. Well put, my dear. Still, the Barbie thing gives me the creepy crawlies...

    I agree with another commenter that said it would be great to have the loser wear it for a round, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol - Lisa - I think this is one thing you'd have to buy for yourself and put up with your guy rolling his eyes when you brought it out. Most of the women I know would throw a fit if I brought them something like that pendant. "Is THIS what you think of me ???" :-)

    I'm with snooty on this one - Ralph's right - make the loser wear it ! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making knight gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of knight noah . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of knight online gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of knight online noahhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap knight gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...