Monday

Golfsmith Invites You to Win With Sergio Garcia











Beautiful Kristen Bentz, the Talented Blonde retail expert I refer to regularly on these pages, tweeted me a quick heads-up on Friday afternoon.

She... like me... is a big fan of a certain sexy Spaniard by the name of Sergio, and she wanted to make sure I (and you) knew about Golfsmith's current promotion. It's a pretty provocative one; You buy one of the new TaylorMade drivers, and if Sergio Garcia wins the Masters, that driver is free.

It just so happens Sergio is my pick to win this year... and while I'm not currently in the market for a new driver, I know a man who is. To be honest, this particular man is always in the the market for a new driver, but currently he's eying the TaylorMade R7 limited driver. Naturally, he's not in agreement with me about Sergio's chances but thus far we've not found a similar promotion with Tiger so I think he's going to go for it and as a result he'll probably be joining my El Nino fan club come early April.

10 comments:

  1. After only reading the first paragraph I thought it was going to be a contest where you win an opportunity to meet and play golf with Sergio.

    If that was the case, my wife would be encouraging me to buy a new driver just so she could meet Sergio. Sergio is her favorite golfer for the same reason I think he's yours ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sergio's problems with his putter will hurt him mightily at Augusta. The greens there are roughly as fast as the hood of your car sloped three times more that and that does not bode well for a man whose career has been marked by his struggles on the green.

    Sure, he could get hot, as he has from time to time, but over the course of his career, betting on Sergio Garcia's putting is not a sure-winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see Sergio at least contend at Augusta, but I'm with Charles, I'm not betting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles - He IS hot. Not in the way you mean maybe but who cares about that? He's definitely the sexiest golfer. That may not be important for you but it is for me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be watching the Shark, you can be sure of that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear that Boeing are running a similar promotion, where you buy a 747 and if Greg Norman wins, you get it for free! Got to be worth a punt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ashgolf,

    I can respect that point of view. I have a similar one towards some of the ladies on the LPGA tour! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, one addition for you ladies, courtesy USA Today:

    "No, the canary outfit Sergio Garcia wore in the 2006 British Open is not an option. Instead, three other Adidas outfits are the choices fans can consider in "Dress Sergio," a promotion for The Players (May 7-10) featuring the defending champion. Fans can vote online at pgatour.com/dresssergio to decide what outfit Garcia will wear in the second round of The Players. Voting closes May 6."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome promotion, although it would be a lot easier and more lucrative to simply take the Vegas odds (20-1)and bet $50 on Garcia to win.

    If he does, you'll have enough money for a new driver and some left over for a new wedge, putter and golf balls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Golf Girl,

    I added you to our BlogRoll on CigarKonnection.com. You rock!

    SHOCK

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...