Tuesday

Mass Customization for Spring Golf Range Wear

You're going to hate me for this, but here's another awesome way to waste spend an hour... or three.

Mass Customization is all the rage these days, as is DIY, and when the two come together, expect a monumental time suck. You've just got to hope it results in something pretty. Or cute, or sexy or cool. Like this hoodie I... designed... and the Puma shoes I "cooked" up to go with it. They're perfect for damp, chilly Spring days at the driving range, where I've been spending a fair amount of time lately.

The sweatshirt is from Champion, and you can create your own at their Hoodie Remix site. One creation will actually be produced by Champion too.












For the shoes you'll need to go to PUMA's amazing Mongolian Shoe BBQ. There you'll be able to choose from three shoe models to customize in myriad ways. Then you just place an order. For your own unique design.

OK, I won't keep you any longer because I'm guessing the urge to DIY, and Mass Customize, is getting pretty overwhelming round about now.

6 comments:

  1. i could see myself using this website to waste time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily there's not a lot going on at work today. I just designed a pink on pink on pink patterned hoodie. I don't even think Paula would wear this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think mine is the prettiest, but it almost cost me my job.

    http://golfglamour.blogspot.com/2009/03/golf-girl-inspires-me-to-waste-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of DIY, but not "mass customization." Is there a help line if I find myself spending countless hours designing my personal pair of Pumas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to imagine Armchair Golfer PUMAs. I'm seeing green on green...on green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen: Ha! Maybe you could help design a pair for me?

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...