Tuesday

Adidas ManCandy Ad - Is the Golf Shirt Swap Next?












Earlier today I came upon a visually stunning ad campaign that will almost certainly be talked about for more than the Adidas sports jerseys its built around. At least I think it's built around Adidas Sports Jerseys.

I, um, watched it... or more like played with it, for...let's say... a while. And I'm still not totally sure of: a) what exactly the product is, or b) who exactly the target market is. It's not the type of ad that lets you concentrate on those details.

Clearly this campaign is more about the brand than a particular product, and the brand is definitely there; the Adidas image of high-tech strength and bold modernism was prefectly projected by the site's stars; five attractive New Zealand rugby players.

The site is called Jersey Swap, and the highlight... where it get's really... compelling... is an animation that allows you to choose two of the players and have them swap Jerseys. ~ I'm not kidding they rip off their shirts and graciously exchange them. I could go into extraordinary detail here, about well defined pecs, rock hard triceps, tribal tattoos and lots of other things, but I won't. You can discover all of that here. But I will say, in my opinion, the cutest player is Ali, and the Slo-mo replay isn't "slo" enough.










Adidas sponsors a number of golfers, several of whom have the physical attributes for such a campaign. Could that be next... a golf shirt swap? It's doubtful. A rugby player friend of mine told me that soccer and rugby players often swap jerseys after a game and that's what this is based on.

I've never seen this pracitce taking place after a golf tournament which, depending on who's in the field, might very well be a good thing.

via Lazy Circles

14 comments:

  1. That is great find! What a brilliant campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see that ladies like this add but I don't think they're the target market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No golf shirt swap please. Lest we end up with Kenny Perry, Chad Campbell and Angel Cabrerra in that campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this game..ad..what ever it is. Come on Anonymouses the talented golfers you mention arent even in the selection. The Adidas golfers are hot...Patricia now I see why you suggested Golf Shirt Swap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it funny when guys hate ads like this. Reminds me of some women who hate ads that feature nice looking women in provocative poses clearly intended for a male audience.

    Doesn't bother me. Why should it?

    Maybe I'm a little more self-actualized than some of the fellows it does bother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice distraction - but I think Liam is the "nicest" one. And in slo-mo even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they're selling tickets to a rugby match at least that's what I got after spending a couple of hours on the site. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this ad wold be a million time more successful if they did a dress swap between their two female golfers, who happen to be Paula Creamer and Natilie Gulbis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P - for YOU ? I'm guessing they're willing to do that trade anytime ! (AND Heather...AND Ash !) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Anonymous, but I choose Sophie Sandolo and what's-her-name from Australia who made the 'dyke'comments a month or so ago...

    I'm 60 - not dead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shirt Swap is a common practice in Football (soccer) as well as in Rugby. At least is very common here in South America.
    Let´s go for the Shirt Swap in Golf! Cabrera and Campbel first, please. Bellies are sexy, too! Belly doesn´t matter, score counts!
    But keep an eye on the cardio risk, remmember the bigger your belly, the highest your risk at coronary illness.
    Being healthy makes you gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure if I'm up for the shirt swapping -- let's face it, after a round of golf on a hot, sunny day there isn't anyone who wants my shirt 8=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice campaign...Ali rocks in all!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...