Tuesday

Multi-tasking Golf Fashion Innovation: Skirt + Tight = Skite

Skirt + Tight = Skite
It's a simple concept. A classic "why didn't I think of that?" idea.

But I didn't, Mary Jane Parrish did.  The enterprising Florida tennis-player-turned-sportswear-designer invented the Skite, a one-piece, multi-tasking skirt/tight hybrid that works wonderfully for golf... and a whole plethora of other activities, athletic and otherwise.

Here's the thing, for the majority of female body types... young, old, large or lean... a short skirt actually creates a flattering silhouette.  However, many women shy away from the look for fear of over-exposure... and that's where the leggings come into play.

Completely opaque and attached to the skirt, they're available in several cuts, from short... to Capri... to ankle-length, allowing a gal to choose the amount of leg coverage that suits her. Plus, with a couple of different fits, three basic solid colors and panoply of prints to choose from, one can customise the look to a particular sport or activity.

Yes, a Skite is quite the versatile vestment.  Have a look at their website theskite.com for additional info and check out their blog skitebuzz.blogspot.com for more on the back story.  Then of course, there's a Skite facebook page to keep you completely up-to-date on all things Skite as they develop.

A hat tip for this great golf fashion find goes to the always observant and sartorially sensitive Courtney Capps, (who always looks great in his Khakis).

Skites hit the tennis courts -  Fairways are the next frontier

9 comments:

  1. Its so nice combination. I like it thanks for sharing!
    Printed Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would look fab the leopard print. *purrs*

    All that pazazz would give me an extra 10 yards out of the tee box due to my confidence and inflated ego! ;-)

    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great look and seems like it would be very relaxing to play in. With the leggings underneath, I'm guessing it would pass most dress codes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel, I don't think we needed those details. :-O

    I've got some extra poundage at the moment and I agree that a skirt, one that comes down to mid-thigh is a flattering look but I've always worried about bending down to pick up/mark my ball. The Skite is a great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. .

    and also, i would imagine, your upper legs don't adhere to the hot plastic golf cart seat

    well, if short-shorts aren't practical, this seems to "cover" it

    short skirts require long lean legs to work in an athletic environment, because after all isn't it the "exposure" that is wanted to show off nice lean muscular legs ?

    i'm certain the SKITE will be acceptable wear down here in soFLA


    frankD
    ft liquordale 33316

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks GG, I'm ordering them for our league! Our gals range from XXS to XXL and I think they'll all have fun wearing Skites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. .

    i've since seen a BURQINI and notice there are very few significant differences, except for the hoodie headcover - no ?

    discuss


    frankD
    ft liquordale soFLA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - definitely putting more fun into the sport. Would argyle tights work too? I know that pattern is pretty popular with the guys but I'm sure there's some bright colors out there too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that a skirt, one that comes down to mid-thigh is a flattering look but I've always worried about bending down to pick up/mark my ball. The Skite is a great solution.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...