Monday

The Golf Poet Pens Panegyrical Prose for Michelle Wie

It was almost three years ago that I first came upon Golf Poet a delightful golf poetry/golf history blog that always lifts my spirits.

The editor is Leon White, a true Renaissance man with a passion for golf and a love of poetry... and the generosity to share both in frequent, cleverly-crafted posts on his enchanting blog.

Almost a year ago, in April 2011, the Golf Poet released Golf Course of Rhymes - Links between Golf and Poetry Through the Ages a wonderfully rich and engaging book, based on his blog. 

Last week I received an email from Mr. White.  The multi-faceted scribe had just written a poem for Michelle Wie in honor of her upcoming graduation from Stanford University... and he remembered my well documented years as a Wie Warrior.

"I thought she deserved poetic recognition for her achievements and best wishes for a great post-graduate career in golf and otherwise."

That's the way the golf poet puts it on his blog and the resulting poem is... to use an over-used word... awesome.  Read For Michelle Wie here.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a golf addict, this is great and I want to have a copy of that book. How much is the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks to The Golf Girl for her kind words and link to my Blog. And don't forget her excellent book as well. My book is on Amazon.com at $14.95. Thanks for considering it. LSW, the Golfpoet.

      Delete
  3. Michelle has been slipping the last year or so, but I'm sure her mind was on her studies. I guess her best year was 2009 when she won the Lorena Ochoa Invitational and had 10 top 10 finishes.

    I'm not a critic and the poem Mr.Leon was very lovely. I've always liked Michelle Wie, I always thought she was a cutie :-p Does anyone know what she majored in? That silly wahine didn't represent Da Rock and go to the University of Hawaii? ^.^

    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...