Tuesday

SexyBack

After several days of consistently hitting fat or thin... of repeated flubs and dubs and whiffs and wormburners... my swing's back! And it feels great. Very... let's say... empowering. Actually, the truth is, it feels sexy. Particularly after that four day spell of inadequacy and self loathing. The swoosh...TING of those well hit golf balls was deeply satisfying. And yesterday, as they soared into the autumnal Connecticut afternoon, over the gentle undulations of... the driving range... I experienced some degree of bliss.

Now keep in mind that, at best, my drives average maybe, 120 yards. So I guess my swing still needs lots and lots of work. But, no doubt about it, it feels good when it feels good, and for now I'll just be happy I was able to bring sexy back. BTW - I don't particularly like the song, and BTW is Justin Timberlake supposed to be sexy? Personally, I don't see it, but I must admit, I do kind of like his swing.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, 150 is actually slightly longer than the average amateur female drive (I think it's about 140). So as long as you keep feeling the swoosh TING and put it where you want, you're golden. Experience and confidence will speed up your swing and extend your length.

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen. Your encouragement is sooo appreciated. Actually, to be honest, 150 is at the driving range, on a good day when I'm really in the zone. Unfortunately, it rarely translates to the course. I'm hoping someday it will though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you hit it 150 yards...if it is traight it is better than a 250 yard drive OB or in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. me and my aunt share the same hatred for the song but love for the swing... i think he should quit making idoitic songs and start to take up golf as a little more than a hobby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justin has a good looking swing..Roger Clemens looks like he has no knees. AS far as distance it's all a matter of time..you'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 150 yards is certainly ok - on the LPGA the average is 221 yards...SO you're NOT far off!

    Try swinging a weighted club to gain flexibility, speed and power -you'll be amazed at the results.

    At our Power Schools that's exactly what we focus on. I'm adding your blog to our blogroll over at www.howtobuildyourgolfswing.com

    chuck

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...