Wednesday

High Flying Swingers in Abu Dhabi















Records have already been shattered in Abu Dhabi. No, not at the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship...that doesn't start till tomorrow. I'm talking about the Etihad Airways Swing on the Wing Challenge, where Sweden's Henrik Stenson just beat last year's record drive (by Ian Poulter of England) by 25 yards. He did it by hitting a 721 yard drive ... off the wing of a Boeing 767 aircraft. Pretty impressive. Pretty cool. Congrats Henrik.

Etihad Airways is the national airline of the United Arab Emirates and based in the UAE’s capital, Abu Dhabi. They're the lead sponsor of the big ticket $2-million Abu Dhabi Golf Championship. Some of world's best will be playing, including Chris DiMarco who's the defending champion, Sergio Garcia, Colin Montgomerie, Padraig Harrington, Retief Goosen, and the aforementioned Wing Winner, Henrik Stenson.

So while Lefty and company are schmoozing with the stars in Palm Desert these guys'll be swinging with the Sheiks in the Arabian Desert...and I think we'll all have lots to talk about come Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Yes i think we will come Monday. I look forward to Monday's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the gas in the wings of an airplane?

    So how far back does this push the FM pics now?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd prefer schmoozing with the stars to swinging with the sheiks any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abu Dhabi looks ultra modern. Whoda thunk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Patricia...R U forgetting FM???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat,

    Your blog entries are getting lame lately...We need something controversial or thought-provoking...

    What with Winter finally here, I thought you'd have more time to work on your creative juice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm sorry. I do try to avoid lame posts. Actually I kind of liked this one...it was an interesting story and I was the first to report on it. Oh well.

    Any feed back on what you would like to see/read would be helpful. I'll definitely aim to please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat,

    I like your insights into how female golfers making headway into the male-dominated golf scene. I like your 'non-feminazi' approach and real-world comments about golf from a female perspectives. And I appreciate the playfulness and your ability to not take yourself or people's comments to seriously.

    In the world of women's advocates, I will say you are a moderate.

    Your response to ask for feedback rather than being defensive really shows that you are sincere in improving your blog.

    I really think you are onto something that is unique and could one day lead to commercial successes should you choose to pursue that route.

    Until then, please rid of the 'lame' posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just check this journal if you're looking to meet adult swingers and this blog with ads of adult swingers closed to you.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...