Tuesday

Memorable Memorial Day Weekend


















As demonstrated in the chart above we had a pretty awesome Memorial Day weekend. The weather was fabulous and I played enough golf to be somewhat quite satisfied. In addition, we ate and drank lots of good stuff. Then there was golf on TV, reading blogs and golf stories, writing a bit, and sleeping/relaxing/vegetating. (Just so you know, athletic and energetic as I am, I still love to sleep/relax/vegetate and find it very therapeutic). Finally there were the misc. other pleasures which I won't describe in detail for fear of a "too much information" situation.

On Saturday, I hit the driving range fairly early, to get a feel for my new driver. I clicked with it immediately, as I suspected I would, then I headed over to my favorite little par three for some much needed work on my putting and short game. I played the nine holes twice by myself, because it wasn't too crowded. The really exciting thing is that I developed a new putting technique that seems to work like a charm for me. If it proves to be "the answer" to my putting woes I'll definitely make it known to everyone. Don't want to reveal too much yet though, for fear of seeming ridiculous if it proves to be nothing (like Nick insisted it was). Saturday evening Nick and I had dinner on our porch. King crab, and one of our favorite white wines.








Nick and I played Candlewood on Sunday. That was fine as far as my drives and putting but there's lots of deep rough at CVCC and I was no match for it. I think I've got to learn to handle that stuff. Somehow.

Monday we had Cat and her posse over for a Memorial Day lunch. Middle Eastern sandwiches...Sharwarma... which we LOVE, Tzadziki Salad and lots of fresh fruit. And we drank a special lemonade punch. Cat & I invented it, in addition to fresh lemonade it contains a touch of orange blossom water and a bigger touch of Vodka. It was the perfect end to the perfect weekend...and I hope the perfect beginning to an awesome summer.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know she was a twin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food sounds great ! I grilled some petite filets and put some bananas, peaches and pineapples on there with them, ala Bobby Flay, one of my culinary heroes.

    Your best bet is to stay out of the high rough. You gotta be 6'2" and 250 to handle that stuff and you appear to be not quite 1/2 that size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,

    Fillets are girl's steak...Get some rib steak or something, forchrissake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Memorial Day Party does look very Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep us posted on the putting tip. We could all use one...or most of us could, I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat,

    You are still way hotter than your younger sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the Mediterranean food! Though I don't think I've encountered Sharwarma since I lived in Rome, I'll take any variation of the cucumber-yogurt sauce (my fav being the Persian must-o-kheyar)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pie chart.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...