Monday

Golf Widows Wanted












So how was your weekend?

Did you spend it waiting? As in, waiting for your spouse to finish his/her round so you could spend some quality time together, then waiting for him/her to relinquish the clicker so you could watch something you both enjoyed...something that did not feature Tiger Woods, KJ Choi or Tom Watson. If this was you, ABC News wants to know about it. They're seeking Golf Widows to tell their stories on Good Morning America Weekend Edition. I don't know for sure, but have a feeling they wouldn't turn down an interesting golf widower, either. In any case, it's your chance to have your story heard on National TV...and take a bit of playful revenge on your golf addicted spouse.

As a former golf widow myself, I know this subject well, but yet I spent all day Saturday with Mr. GolfGirl Nick, playing 27 holes at Richter Park. Then, Sunday afternoon, we shared the remote and toggled between Congressional Country Club and Whistling Straits. You see, I chose to fight his golf obsession...with a golf obssession of my own. And that's my story.

7 comments:

  1. Hey,

    You certainly left out the most enjoyable moments of this week-end .... if you know what I mean.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that begs the question - which do you prefer? - you can choose only one-

    -a great round on the course?

    or

    - a great round between the sheets?

    be honest.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say that would depend on the quality of course vs that of the person with you between the sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia

    What took you so long to take up the game of golf?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the question wasn't directed at you, bonehead. it is for patricia, "the goddess of golf blogs".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick: A little restraint pls. This blog is already rated PG13.

    Anon: Perhaps when I play golf better I'll choose the course but for now it's the sheets. I definitely perform ...more consistently... there, thus it's generally more...satisfying. :)

    I took up golf so late I guess, because I always thought it was boring. Who knew?

    Current Mood: {{{happy - basking in goddess status}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, I think I can see the smile on Nicks face from here ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...