Friday

A No Golf New England Weekend

Probably the only one I'll spend this summer too.

It was hard to leave my clubs behind, but I'm heading up to Boston this afternoon to spend the WE with some non-golfers...my family.

Yes, that's the reason I took up golf so late. I come from a very athletic family (Dad was a PE teacher) but golf was never in the picture.

So, we'll go to the MA shore tomorrow, maybe do some kayaking, then on Sunday drive up to Keene NH where extended family has an awesome in-town pub/tavern/restaurant. That'll be Dad's birthday lunch. So no golf. But it'll be fun. And I'm planning to play every day next week after work. So there.

5 comments:

  1. You can't be THE GOLF GIRL and not play golf...but that the Pub/Tavern thing...that sounds cool, so I forgive ya...have a big bowl of Chouh-dda for us all. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an awesome time! I am a very much a golf widow wish you a great "no golf" weekend...am I in need of that! Three kids and my husband has golfed 5 days in a row now! I also have roots in Keene. Most of my extended family lives there. What pub does your family own? Keene is an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the lack of golf, the weekend was pretty terrific. Will post photos later today. My family's place in Keene is Lab 'n Lager. Keene is amazing...NH is an amazing state. MA, VT, RI, CT too. I love New England, I guess. Well, this week I'll be playing lots of golf :) mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of your blog. I always enjoy your golf news and updates. As a sort of thank you for sharing over the year with me, I would like to share with you a recent discovery. www.podcastGO.com/golf where I can watch videos hosted by pro like Gary Player, Se Ri Pak, Kj Choi who teach you their golf tips and secrets.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...