Sunday

In the End, The Barclays Didn't Disappoint












After an inauspicious start on a rather soggy course, The Barclays provided some pretty stellar golf watching. Tiger was absent, Vijay didn't make the cut and Phil never quite solidified his charge, but the Stricker story ... 40 year old guy who lost his tour card and struggles to get back into the game, perseveres, and gets rewarded...was sweet, and the birdie-laden duel he had with playing partner K.J.Choi was as exciting as golf gets.

This coming week it's on to Boston for the Deutsche Bank Championship. I hear Tiger, Vijay and Phil will be playing together. That's something to look forward to, is it not?

And... I've already got 18 Fedex Cup Cocktail Contest recipes and it's only the first week! Many thanks to everyone who sent them in. You're some talented mixologists! Very creative too. At Brunch today I tried a Pink Poulter. Ian Poulter (his awesome golf shoes are pictured above) was the highest placed British player at Barclays, and the drink was a perfect cool-down in today's steamy weather. Thanks for that one Gemma in Nottingham.

Pink Poulter

2 cl Citron vodka
2 cl cranberry juice
1 cl sugar syrup
Champagne

Mix vodka, cranberry juice and sugar syrup, and pour into a champagne coupe or flute. Fill with champagne or a dry sparkling wine.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummie to me. Will try it one of these days :D.
    Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pink Poulter sounds like a perfect brunch drink, but I think the picture is a different kind of drink?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally correct Jen, It should be in a champagne flute and not on the rocks. I didn't have my camera with me though so I used this photo. I just loved the color. ;p

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...