Monday

Lorena Ochoa Keeps it in Perspective

After claiming her third straight LPGA title at the Safeway Classic yesterday, Lorena Ochoa is heading back to Mexico for a one month break... to the disappointment of some, who would like to see her go for four in a row.

"I'm very happy with my three wins" Lorena explained yesterday, "But it's time for me to go home".

So what if she could match the LPGA record of four straight, last achieved by Annika Sorenstam in 2001... there are things that take priority, and for Lorena, family is obviously one of them. She's got her brother's wedding coming up, and she's not going to miss that.

That's Lorena for you; winning and winning and winning, but keeping it in perspective. No wonder she's so universally liked and admired.

4 comments:

  1. If it were me, I think I'd tell my brother to reschedule his wedding.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorena Ochoa has a huge fan base and extraordinary talent. I don't blame her for taking a break. She'll come back better than aever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like just a few days since the LPGA and Ladies European Tour left the Home of Golf. It was a real thrill to have them at St Andrews and I can't wait for their return. Amazing to think Lorena has gone on to win the next two tournaments, she is certainly in a rich vein of form!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorena has a plan that's working quite nicely. She's a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...