Thursday

Natalie Gulbis & the Solheim Slumber Party














As much as I love Natalie Gulbis, I must admit, I sometimes avoid her awesome website. There's just too much beautiful blondness for me to handle. Every time I peruse her pages I end up at my hair colorist, begging him to transform me into the blonde I was meant to be. And the results are always disastrous. My brunette genes are just too dominant. I mean, I've seen Asian, Indian and African girls who can do blonde better than I can... Christie Kerr, Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel, Brittany Lincicome...same thing. They all have that blonde-lust effect on me. So I've been sticking with Nicole Castrale sites thus avoiding the bastions of blondness and yet another hair color horror.

A couple of days ago however, a post in The Golf Blog tempted me back to Natalie's world and I was rewarded with a wonderfully detailed day-by-day account of life with Team USA as they get ready for the intense competition of the Solheim Cup. Well, despite the inevitable jet lag and the spector of a showdown with Team Europe, these girls seem to been having a blast. They're doing all kinds of fun things together, like putting on make up, getting dolled up for a big gala, playing ping pong and pool with the caddies, wearing really cute outfits, exchanging awesome gifts...Natalie's lyrical account made it sound like one big golf girl slumber party. I almost expected her posting to finish with a playful pillow fight!

As we know though, these girls are serious golfers; professionals of the highest level, and it hasn't been all fun and games. The team has already spent numerous hours on the pristine fairways and greens of Sweden's Halmstad Golfklubb, strategizing together, mapping their games with their caddies, and practicing. The competition promises to be intense, and I look forward to watching it live on the Golf Channel this weekend.

I'm also hoping for a few more posts from Natalie...and maybe even that pillow fight.








Oh, BTW, one of the girls above has an appointment with her hair colorist tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. This story conjures up some very pleasant images, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do it Patricia.. Blonds are way over-rated.

    Natalie and her friends are really hot thoug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Wear your brunetteness proudly girlfriend; we've got to stick together! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brunette looks the hottest;)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. US won the morning foursomes! wOOt!!!
    Looks like it's freeeeeezing over there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Natalie's 'swan' tees & headcovers could be just the thing in Sweden - it's chucking it down with rain. Lets hope the drainage copes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That HOT brunette sure stands out up against a bunch of georgious blonds. I wonder who she is?? ha,ha
    You are bang on about Natalie,s blog. This is neat stuff, that you sure don't get from the media.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favoriet blonde golfer is Laura Davies. She may not be American and she may not have the looks of a Natalie or a Paula but she's a real champion and a very entertaining girl to watch. Did you see her on the 16th today? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. laura davies? oink, oink, oink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you blonde yet golf girl? Remember the collar and the cuffs should match. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patricia, don't do it. Brunettes ARE the best (and ur a pretty darn hot lookin brunette to boot) ;)

    If it aint broke, don't try to fix it hunny!

    Aussie Golfer Fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. None of the blondes from the US team is in the same league as Suzann Petterson.

    Her Nordic ice princess woman warrior personalities is much more intriguing than the America bubble-gum, mall-shopping personality prevelent among the American team.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...