Wednesday

Sporty Sarkozy Looking for a Golf Date?

There was speculation in the media that newly elected, newly divorced French President, Nicholas Sarkozy would bring a date to dinner at the White House last night. I don't know how that rumor got started but I assure you it had nothing to do with me. I did have dinner with a French guy named Nicholas last night, but sadly, the Nick I dined with is not President of France, cause if he was, I would be France's first lady and that would be awesome!

In the end President Sarkozy arrived alone at the "Maison Blanche", but it seems he quickly made friends beginning with his flattering pro-American toast at the start of the evening. And it just went uphill from there. They say he dazzled congress today, and I hear they've even put french fries back on all the DC menus, but what I'm really curious about (as I tend to wonder about such things) is... does he play golf? He's ultra sporty and seems to have a fondness for Lacoste polo shirts (who doesn't) but I've found no reference to a Sarko handicap...no photos of him a golf cart or on the greens. I'm definitely going to look into it though. I know at least one single golf girl who'd love to be a first lady.

11 comments:

  1. Bush says today he likes Sarkozy "because he's like me."

    Now I know why Mrs. Sarkozy left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't really know me Patricia, but I'm single, I play golf and I'd love to be the first lady of France. I hear she gets really good seats at the Chanel show.

    Please keep me in mind when you book the tee time for Sarko. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a Sarkozy love fest going on over at FOX. Somewhat disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarko's trademark is his RayBan sunglasses...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Il ne joue pas au golf, du tout.
    Never hit a ball in his life....
    A Previous president, Francois Mitterrand played often at Saint-Cloud, but very bad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley...hate to disappoint you darling, but Patrick knows about these things.

    Alors Patrick, c'est seulement le jogging pour Sarko? Well, I'm thinking President Sarkozy might not have the right temperament for golf anyway. He might be inclined to throw his clubs.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe the frog eating leader of the most duplictious nation on earth should look deeper into his country's past underhanded dealings with saddam and his former band of thieves.

    last i heard they were now called freedom fries - how quickly we forget. another example of style over substance on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, there are many blogs out there, (golf blogs and otherwise), that are full of substance... serious substance, and you are totally correct; this blog is not one of them. This blog clearly and unapologetically favors style. I know I can't be all things to all people, so I try to do what I'm best at and let others do what they excel at. And hopefully, in the end, there'll be something for everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Difficult2 imagine N.Sarkozy could play golf... When do you intend to come in Paris , btw ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No substance yes... so show us your tits GG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy Golf Girl you are getting awfully pissy these days. I'm just trying to have a little fun with your lack of substance and general support of countries and people who are anti-american.

    Try to remember where you live and the great freedom's that are inherent to your lifestyle.

    Remember what founding father's Washington, Jefferson and Franklin had to say - "beware of the "frogs", they can't be trusted" - still true 225 years later!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...