Tuesday

Your Chance to Train With A Tiger Coach






















How amazing would that be, right?

The coach in question is Hank Haney and I have a feeling he might be able to help me with my swing. So... I just entered this really Fantabulous Gillette Champions sweepstakes ...for which the grand prize happens to be a trip for two to a premier golf destination to train with Hank Haney.

Yes, my swing does need work, so here's to hoping. But the thing is, there are all kinds of other awesome prizes too, and I've got to say, the Gillette Champions site...where you enter the contest... is very cool in and of itself, with lots of exclusive, rather intimate videos, featuring Tiger and the other Gillette Champions, Roger Federer, the Swiss tennis great and French soccer star Thierry Henry. So check it out, enter the contest, and who knows... maybe you'll win the Grand Prize.

Though I'm pretty sure my swing needs more help than yours.

9 comments:

  1. I will defenitely go check this out. A lesson with Hank would be unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the promotion isn't able to participate out of USA. I'm so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just more marketing bullshit. when are you going to get real, patricia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hank Haney is a quiff

    ReplyDelete
  5. anon, what's your problem? patricia writes about the fun, interesting things happening in golf. a part of that is the marketing work the pros are doing and besides marketing is as american as apple pie. it sounds like you have communist tendencies or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey GG

    When did you start sleeping with Gillette?

    I noticed that you are now carrying ads for "The Bright Golf co.", the site you promoted like crazy in a post a few months ago. Is that how it works, you promote them and then they runs ads on your blog so you can make some doe?

    if a magazine did that they would be called a "whore rag" for the advertisers. Is that what your blog has become, a merchandizing armpit for online commerce. If so is this and attempt to score gillette next? or maybe you already did and this post is just a clever promotion that you are being paid to shill for, "targeted eyeballs", blog marketing and all that - congrats on selling out your readers. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. E

    I'm not a commie. I'm simply pointing out that she may be selling you out, you nit wit. Patricia is a marketer and she no longer seems to be leading in with content first - it is now wrapped around marketing ideas that she is being paid for. When that is done in the consumer magazine biz it is considered to be quite sleazy, and to be a major violation of trust between the publication and its readers. That is why editors and publishers butt heads in these organizations all the time. Patricia is mudding the waters on this blog and that is a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny, I've never thought of myself as "a marketer", just a humble golf blogger.

    I only ever write about things I like ... or find interesting and newsworthy.

    I try to seek out unusual angles and stories that I feel will engage and entertain my readers. Sometimes they're about new golf products or unique marketing campaigns. More often they're human interest stories or stories about the pro golfers or even introspective little pieces about what I see and feel when I play. That's pretty much the way it's been since the beginning & probably the way it'll reamain. It just feels right.

    Anyway, thanks for commenting everyone. Now let me go out and win that contest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. tiger's looking mad hot!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...