Monday

Happy President's Day!




















I hope you're enjoying the day off ... if you have one...now how about a presidential golf trivia quiz? It's called Name that President:

1. He scored a hole in one at Bel Air Country Club in Los Angeles, on Labor Day, 1961, almost a year after losing a presidential bid .

2. His ace occurred after his presidency, in 1968 on a lucky thirteenth hole.

3. He was the first President to take up golf and scored in the low ninties.

4. His was the lowest handicap of any white house inhabitant.

5.
He kept his handicap secret.

6.
He proudly boasted a twenty handicap.

7. He said "Golf is an ineffectual attempt to put an illusive ball into an obscure hole with implements ill-adapted to the Purpose."

8. At a political fund raiser in 1981, he was criticized for attending a golf outing where a female lobbyist was accused of "over friendliness" with the participants.

9. He once said "I know my game is getting better because I'm hitting less spectators."

10. He hit a shot that actually richocheted off a tree and struck a 70-year-old woman spectator in the face.

11. He comes from a promininant golf family.

12.
He's my favorite golf president. He maintained that golf was for fun and pleasure and rarely kept score.

Click HERE for the answers.

And click HERE for my post on one of the funniest golfing presidents, who by the way, is the Presidential inspiration behind the cute vintage postcard above.

8 comments:

  1. OMG, my history knowledge is BAD. Only got one right, 3 and that's because I read your other post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JFK's handicap was 7-10 and his swing was beautiful! (found a photo of it)

    Makes his back problems even more tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No day off for me :(

    Just got home and took the quiz. Only 3 correct :(

    I did remember Dan Quale and the overly friendly lady though. I'm proud of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so they criticized Taft for spending too much time on the golf course and too little time governing...Well,I wish George W. Bush would have spent more time on the golf course and less time governing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good news is: Our next President plays golf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm...i didn't think barak obama played golf....i'm sure he'd be good at it though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quiz & good research...all good use of your valuable time, no doubt. Thanks for helping to educate the masses; your fans will be the best informed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making knight gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of knight noah . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of knight online gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of knight online noahhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap knight gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...