Monday

A Limerick for Mr. Golf Girl




















OK, Nick hates it when call him Mr. Golf Girl. He doesn't particularly care for this photo either, but it's the only recent one I could find. It's from an icy day last week at the driving range when he borrowed my Nike bucket hat. I'll admit it's not his best look.

Anyway, I don't think he'll be too pleased with the limerick I found either. It's from the awesome Top Flite website and its part of a competition. You fill in the blanks with an assortment of provided words. They feature several such limericks and invite you to submit your own. If it's chosen, it'll be featured on the site and you'll win Top Flite golf balls. The site has an amazing entertainment section too, with unique games and some funny videos.

Anyway here's the Mr. Golf Girl limerick. You'll have to check the site for the missing words.

Ode to Mr. Golf Girl (my title)

There once was a golfer named Nick.
He'd strut around and act like a ________
But, far from a closer, the hack was a ________
And his act was exposed pretty quick.

11 comments:

  1. well the obvs choice of adjs would be dick & loser right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disappointed that Top Flite didn't actually use the right words on their site.

    Also, I can't come up with the dirtier versions of the last 4 or so, but the limericks are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I came up with a pretty fun one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not a bad picture of Nick. The bucket hat is kind of cute and he looks quite happy. Specially considering is was a really cold day. When is New England going to warm up anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...

    There once was a golfer named Nick.

    He'd strut around and act like a gold brick.

    But, far from a closer, the handsome man was a composer.

    And his act was admired pretty quick.

    That's what I came up with.

    And Patricia...I think I might have to post that photo of you on the internet.

    XO, Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh, you're in trouble Golf Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon I - neither, they didn't go for the obvs choice :)

    Anon II - the real words were evidently too racy.

    Apryl - Your will prolly win. I'm trying to come up with one.

    Nicholas - nice limerick. I deleted that photo.

    Anon III - yes, I think I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, here you are setting the standard for golf fashion and you let Nick wear that hat. Limerick or not, the Lincoln Look is not going to cut it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonsoir
    Bravo pour le post
    Henri DELORME le golfeur français

    ReplyDelete
  10. --there once was a golf girl called pat.
    --she photo'ed her man in her hat.
    --she thought it was cute, but he hated that shoot
    -- and now she must sleep with a mute

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making hero gold
    is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of hero online gold. Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of hero online moneyalmost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of hero money here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buy hero gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...