Thursday

Golf Trinkets - Why I Deserve This One

For the past several days our region has been graced with nearly perfect weather. Actually, no. The weather's been totally perfect. Sunshine, clear blue skies, temps in the high 70s, where normally April in CT is wet and gray and soggy.

Blue skies and warm sunshine? Perfect weather for golf, you're probably thinking, and I agree with you, but the problem is I haven't been on the course. I've been working. Which is normal... and an accepted part of life... and I should be happy to have work... and all that. I know.

The problem is that the gentleman I co-habitate with has spent the past three glorious days golfing...and he's playing again today. And it's not only that. To make matters worse he feels compelled to expound about his on-course-adventures at length each evening when he returns happily tanned and tired-in-a-good-way.
"
Tired-in-a-good-way? Then I must be tired-in-a-bad-way, because I've spent the past few days in an artificially lighted interior in front of a computer screen.

And I'm longing to get outside. Into the sultry sunshine and onto the velvety springtime fairways of a lush green golf course. But I have two more weeks of this pace looming and Mr. Golf Girl just gloats and golfs and tells me he planned his schedule more thoughtfully than I did.

So when a golf blogger friend of mine sent me a link to the amazing $10,200 platinum and diamond ball marker by Shano Designs my first reaction was, "I think I rather deserve an uplifting little trinket like this". Unrealistic? Maybe. But there are other equally beautiful but more reasonable options, and I think I've settled on the the sterling silver and pink sapphire version. It's only $325, so I may as well get the divot repair thingy too. Right? I think so, and when Nick returns from the course today, tired-in-a-good-way, he'll just have to muster up enough energy to order it for me.

OK, I feel a bit better, now I can get back to work.

12 comments:

  1. gg $3! don't be such a cheap date. hold out for the platinum & diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see - last year it was a couple pairs of $1200 golf shoes and some other hyper-expensive outfit.

    NOW it's $10,000 bling.

    You might want to check hubby's cell phone for strange phone numbers...to local psychologists or some sort of shopaholics anonymous group. :-)

    GG's hubby - stand your ground...and your wallet !! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually anon 10:37, I meant $325. $3 would be cheap!

    Court, please don't try to influence Mr.GG. >:o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all that work you're doing, I'm guessing you could order the diamond one for yourself! :) But I agree - he owes you. Me? I'd never get one 'cause I'd just lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Careful Golf Girl. It sounds like you're on your way to becoming a luxaholic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been working all day, will be tomorrow too and my boyfriend is taking off for a long weekend of golf in Vegas with his crew.

    So I'm going to order something. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a membership in an ultra exclusive private club is in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is not a matter of deserving; it is affordability.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a huge fan of that trinket...Easily lost when a quarter works just as nicely..why don't you call in sick and join him for a great round on the course, a romantic dinner out and the two of you could both have a good-tired-kind of night together...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These guys wanted me to post an article on my blog about their $10K ball marker. I told them ass soon as they sent me in a complimentary unit for review I'd be happy to oblige.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn, You're right Tony. They should have sent me one for that review.

    ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making habbo credits
    is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of habbo gold. Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of habbo coinsalmost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of cheap habbo credits here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buy habbo gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...