Friday

Golf Speed Dating and Other Golf Dating Options



















Unfortunately, they didn't have anything like this when I was single. In fact, I don't remember any really fun singles events from ... back then. Certainly none that involved golf.

I do remember the time a girlfriend of mine dragged me to a singles dance, at a brightly lit local community center. An ebullient young man from Cuba was there to teach the motley group of gathered singles how to do the Macarena. Or, was it the Lambada? In any case the evening was a dismal failure, for all the reasons you can imagine, and I swore off any activity with the word "singles" in it forever. A couple of years later when I met my husband. I met him through work.

But these days it's different. Every one's on the Internet, and you can refine your search for a significant other by using dating sites specifically geared to what you're looking for ...be it a millionaire, a biker, a vegetarian or... a golfer , yes, that's what I'm looking for ...um...or would be if I was...available.

Then of course there's Craig's List, where I found the ad above, in the NY section, among other ads for golf outings and events, none of which sounded like they'd be quite as much fun. In addition to ads for golf activities, jobs, equipment, real estate, and every other category of product or service you could ever imagine, CL harbors its own interesting array of single (or not so single) golfers. They seek mates among the sometimes lugubrious personal ads the site has become infamous for. Decidedly, Craig's List dating can be as salutary or as salacious as you want it to be.

The point is, today's single golfers have lots of options when it comes to dating and socializing with other single golfers.

And mercifully, none of them involve the Macarena.

12 comments:

  1. I've been considering trying one of those golf dating site. I figure at least if it doesn't lead to anything at least I've played golf - the day won't be a total waste :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once met one of those "not so single" guys on Craig's list. No a great experience. I'm sure you can meet decent people - but he just wasn't one of them. Not a golfer either.:-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeting people off of Craigslist? I have heard of it, but I personally think it is CRAZY! Just my thought though. Golf via Craigslist? Not really needed, the golf course will match you up....dating wise not sure they do that kind of setup....perhaps a new business venture for the golf courses...just joking! I suppose this is just all around weird....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,

    Thanks for the mention on the blog.

    Gary Kelly

    DateAGolfer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh that does sound like fun and worth being single for again. Maybe. LOL. It'd hard pressed to get something like that started down here in this Bible Belt but mainly because everyone is already married.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it'd be better to know the person before you went golfing with them. I can see myself being a gentleman, letting her hit first, watching her hit the ground about 3 feet before the ball and having to cancel the round. :) Sure, she might be the coolest person alive, but I'll never know, not with a swing like that :)

    I suppose it'd work just the opposite too, if she hit a freaking 300 yard beaut, still I'd have to cancel the round... Again, she might be the coolest person alive, but I'll never know, not with a swing like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just scrolled through Dateagolfer.com and there ain't one chick in her 20s at least in the first dozen or so pages.

    And Craigslist dating...every time I've ever actually EM'd a post it turns out to be a prostitute.

    I think online dating is hopeless. Back to the frat parties I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are seeking guys to ride with, and take to rally. Now, lots of peoples joined. Many hot girls, boys, women and men gather here.

    If you want to join for romance, fun, friendship and love, you are most welcome. Click the following link to join.

    SeekHotBikerBabes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making last chaos gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of lastchaos gold. Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of lastchaos moneyalmost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of buy last chaos goldhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap lastchaos gold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me : one of the great romantic date ideas is to spend it out with nature. Go on a picnic trip in a secluded area with a great view. Or a candle lit dinner in your own backyard, patio or terrace. Use the stars as your backdrop and the candles to create intimacy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that other than yourself of course, there aren't many good looking, young golf chicks around tbh. I'll keep searching though, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I met a match with someone who I thought was totally my type! I'm so pleased with everything about Your speedDating, I totally recommend it to everyone.
    I met nice, attractive women. Didn't have to ask for any numbers, that was definitely a plus.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...