Tuesday

Tiger Moonshot Challenge Wraps up in Time Square

As lunar explorer and golf hobbyist, Tiger Woods prowls the fairways of Torrey Pines preparing for his first tournament since the Masters, Military Island in Time Square is getting ready to host the last leg of the Gatorade Tiger Moonshot Challenge Longest Drive Contest.

Finalists have already been selected from challenges in San Diego, Dallas, Chicago and Miami. and they'll be in NYC tomorrow where a NY finalist will be added, and the Grand Prize Event will take place. The competition takes place in a lunar looking pod that houses a moonscaped golf simulator. The Grand Prize winner takes home $125.000. Celebrities and star athletes will be on hand in Manhattan as they were for the competitions in other cities. The video above features the awesome LaDainian Tomlinson at the event in San Diego.

The event is undoubtedly going to be lots of fun, and Gatorade Tiger is donating $100,000 to the Tiger Woods Foundation on behalf of the fans who participate so it's for a great cause too, I'm going to try to get there tomorrow to check the action out... and maybe try a moonshot myself.

6 comments:

  1. I entered in Chicago and hit a drive of 72 yards. Needless to say I'm not a finalist and needles to say I was embarrassed as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tiger - Phil pairing is what everyone's waiting for. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents are on holiday in New York this week and I just told them to head to Time Sq. to see the long drive contest. Now my Father want's to enter which would be probably be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents are on holiday in New York this week and I just told them to head to Time Sq. to see the long drive contest. Now my Father want's to enter which would be probably be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beer beats Gatorade any day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making goonzu gold
    is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of goonzu money
    . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of goonzu online gold
    almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of cheap goonzu gold
    here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buy goonzu gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...