Sunday

Golf Legends Share the Lead at Bridgestone (Updated)











UpGoing into the final round at the Bridgestone Invitational the legends in question, Vijay Singh and Phil Mikelson, share the lead with one of England's' top golfers, Lee Westwood. And Stuart Appleby is right behind them. So nothing is certain this Sunday morning.

But what I want to know goes beyond Akron, OH...beyond this particular World Golf Championship event, to something more... visceral: which one of these two golfers is the most "popular"?

To some the answer might seem obvious. A friend of mine suggested that Phil would come out on top because "he's an American and he has a hot wife". And as trite as that may sound, maybe it's reason enough for some to choose Mickelson. However, I've encountered a fair number of Mickelson detractors over the years, and I know I'm not alone in my unwavering admiration for fabulous Fijian, Vijay Singh.



These two players are decidedly polarizing, and it's well known that they're not the best of friends. So, I want to know, once and for all, what you think. Not of their golf ability per se, I want to know which one you like better, it's as simple and as complicated as that. That's what I mean by visceral, so please vote, I want to get tot the bottom of this.

Update: Congratulations Vijay!!!

Stuart Franklin/Getty Images, left and right; Sam Greenwood, via Getty Images

4 comments:

  1. I'm a VJ fan - through and through and delighted that he won.

    As Phil huffed and puffed his way up the last it was clear that he'd been at the cake again recently and bogey, bogey on 17 and 18 was just predictably stupid.

    John

    www.breakparblueprint.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both players, but I like Vijay's work ethics better. I believe that he works more on his game and his fitness than Phil does. Phil looked so tired during the final 4 holes. I wonder if that was the reason he finished bogey, par, bogey, bogey. It was his to win today, but he just couldn't get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job for Vijay. The putter looks terrible, though! Not sure how he's going to do on the Oakland Hills greens this weekend...

    As regards Phil, he should stop trying to out clever everyone and just use his talent. That and don't bs us that you played great yesterday! Good article in the Cleveland paper about Phil's state of denial...not my fave, Mr. Fake to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making kal geons is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of kal gold . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of kal online geons almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of kal online goldhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make kalonline Geons.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...