Saturday

Lacoste - Golf Goes Mod at Fashion Week

It's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and the spring 2009 designer shows are on in NYC.

I've been to the New York shows before... in a past life when I was very young & decidedly more urban. Even then I found them slightly too manic and crowded and chaotic for my liking. And now that my soul has been totally suburbanized? Well, forget it... the prospect of pushing my way through tents teaming with hoards of ultra stylish skinny people is about as appealing as a warm glass of back stage champagne. Luckily however, many brave young fashion bloggers (as well as a couple of gorgeous A-list lifecasters) are down there this week ...sharing their observations generously.

This morning was Lacoste, which if you read this blog, you know is one of my favorite lines, and according to my sources, the show did not disappoint: "...the country club exploded onto the runway. Girls in checkered bikinis wheeling golf bags, boys in bright blazers, no pastels in sight. Loved it!" That's how style-savant/designer/lifecaster, Mary Rambin, described the crayon-colored collection. Mary's partner in awesomeness, Julia Allison, noted a, "golf w/racer checks meets equestrian." vibe, and captured a piece of the amazing finale in the video below.

You'll notice it's much more than crocodile encrusted polo shirts; there are so many pieces that work for golf. I love the mod, little-bit-retro, 60's feeling. And the show had golf references galore from the gloves to the shoes to the ankle socks. It's a young, hip, accessible collection that never loses touch with the traditional sporty elegance of it origins.

I have my eye on that color block dress, and a couple of the checkered shirts already. And, I'm looking forward to seeing Cristie Kerr wearing some of these amazing styles come Spring. Yes, I know I've said it before, but once again, I love Lacoste.



NY Fashion Week: Lacoste Finale from Julia Allison on Vimeo.

11 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on loving Lacoste. What a fun show-the checks are a blast. I just hope they throw a short under some of those cute skirts sometime so I can actually golf in them. Otherwise "teeing" up can be a little risqué!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little hats too. Such a nice look for golf and the color scheme, black and white with jolts of bright is so fresh looking. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green jackets for the guys are a bit much. That look should only be seen once a year in Augusta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean girls are going to start playing golf in bikinis? Bring it on Lacoste! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These styles are cute but definitely made for small sizes. I hope when they hit the stores they're a wee bit longer and a little bit less...painted on. For the few of us that are above size 2.

    :-0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Ashley, there are two sides to that coin. I live in MI, in the suburbs and I'm a size 2. You can't believe how difficult it is for me to find any clothes to fit me. Out here it seems they start at size 8, and when it comes to golf clothes there's flat out nothing. So I kind of like seeing styles that might work for us "small, scrawny" girls, even if they'll never make it to MI. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ladies just come it too many different sizes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hoping Natalie Gulbis or Cristie Kerr or Paula Creamer will go with the bikini for tournaments. I don't see why not - they do it in volleyball all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see green is the hot color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love that green! it's like camouflage on the green!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making hero gold
    is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of hero online gold. Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of hero online moneyalmost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of hero money here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buy hero gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...