Friday

One Last 2008 Christmas Post...then I'll Stop















Just one last little bunch of Xmas snapshots... taken with the new Nokia E71. I'm going to be testing it during the next couple of weeks. My first cell phone was a Nokia, and the company is known to be golf friendly.

Thus far, I'm finding that the 3.2mp camera shoots kind of grainy in low light, well see how it does outdoors in the next couple of days. The E71 has a GPS function that should be good for golf ...and a friend of mine told me about a couple of apps -We Golf- and -INTELLIGOLF- that I might want to try.

In the meantime the photo above is my ultra traditional 12 foot Christmas tree. Sometimes I find myself longing for a modern, minimalist tree... or maybe a kitchy aluminum one...but in my Victorian mansion, both would look a bit odd.















My 19th century staircase with fairy lights.















My formal living room. It's pretty, but rarely ever even go in there.















The fireplace in my less formal living room. The one where I sit on the floor and eat dinner. ...And blog, practice my putting on the Persian carpet, watch golf tournaments on TV... and play the guitar occasionally.

This house doesn't include the massive family room that's become standard in today's 21st century McMansions. I don't get the impression Victorian families liked to be together as much as today's families do.

Maybe they were onto something.

11 comments:

  1. Your house is so traditional.

    I pictured you in a very modern home but the Victorian is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make mine a Manhattan, then I begin to practice in earnest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi home so sweet home as you,the last post only for christmas??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful home. And Patricia wears it well

    ReplyDelete
  6. The formal living room is were you should be holding all those cocktail parties and society events that celebrate life and GOLF. How about a Masters Party in that living room?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Nick need some Victorian golf outfits to model in your house...LOL.

    I can't wait to hear how you like the Nokia E71, it's supposed to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those pix leave alot to b desired. hopefully it takes better pix in daylight. nice crib tho

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the E71 uses an LED flash so it's really only good for short range night shots or good day light shots.

    With your golf GPS, you might want to give i-golf scorer a try as well (www.igolfscorer.com - I did a quick review on my blog). It's a bit cheaper than the GPS version of intelligolf and I think the functionality is a bit better - particularly because you can survey golf courses on google earth rather than while you're actually at the course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making holic gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of holic money . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of holic online gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of cheap holic goldhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make holic online money.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...