Monday

Golf Girl's "Monday Mention" - Golf Blogs of Note

As we discussed last week, there are suddenly so many options when it comes to golf media.

The major golf publications all have a web presence, and golf blogs are burgeoning.
As a result, my google reader is overflowing! - So much so, that I can hardly keep track all the great golf destinations. And some of the new sites are so unique... I feel compelled to share them.

So that's what I'll be doing every Monday. I'll profile a golf site...just one. I'll choose sites that are unique... sites that speak with a distinctive voice and cover unusual events. The winning site will get a Monday Mention here on Golf Girl's Diary.

An this week the Monday Mention goes to Golf Couture. A fun, young, thoroughly modern blog by the exceptional Nisha Sadekar. Nisha is a golfer (U of MO, and Futures Tour) and a golf blogger and a businesswoman. In addition to her reporting and writing at Golf Couture, she runs a Las Vegas company called Play Golf Designs, that provides golf outings and management services to individuals, companies, corporations and charitable organizations at golf courses around Vegas. You can learn more about Play Golf Designs on the company's Web site.

Now back to the blog. Golf Couture gives you an awesome insiders view of Nisha's life as the young, beautiful, single CEO of a golf business in Las Vegas. Yes, it could totally be a TV show. Nisha also opines on things happening in the golf world with a rare humor and openness...and a totally contemporary voice.

So check out Nisha's fabulous blog, and don't forget to check back here the first day of each week for my "Monday Mention".

Hey, if you have a golf blog that's cool and unusual, let me know about it. Tell me in a couple of sentences what's special about it, or where your passion for golf comes from. I'll be featuring new blogs and blogs that have been around for a while. As long as they're currently active, I'd like to hear about them at thegolfgirl@gmail.com

11 comments:

  1. I always thought it would be strange and not to appealing to live in Las Vegas, but after reading Nisha's blog I can see how it could be fun. Plus all that great golf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nisha your blog is fabulous..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is amazing to see the diverse collection of golf blogs now on the internet. Golf Couture was a good discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year Patricia, always here after all these posts ! And always a very good job !
    Will return often !
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nisha - Congrats on the new blog. It's really good stuff. Continued success w/ PGD. But c'mon admit it - you miss playing A.L. Gustin every day! M I Z!

    GolfGirl - This is a great idea. Looking forward to each Monday's update.

    -Doug Albers
    14stix.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. She doesn't run Play Golf Designs, she is one of the pros available for outings. They have a pretty decent list of ladies who can be hired for pro-am type jobs.

    This girl has a lot of game, too. Watch out for her on the Futures Tour. If she can get aclimated to playing in the US quickly, she could post at least one win this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually Court, from what I can see Nisha does run PGD. And it's her equally beautiful little sis, Seema who's one of the pros. In any case yes, she's got game. And I think I'm going to love living the Las Vegas golf girl lifestyle through her blog.

    Thanks for the tip Patricia. Keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the links. Her blog is adorable and had I known Natalie was going to have her birthday bash at the Wynn, we would have delayed our stay at the Wynn until that time. Hehehe...

    I will most definitely look forward to Mondays! Now, I need to go exercise this body...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea. I am still mourning the loss of Golf for Women so I'm glad to know that there are good resources for women golfers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how about that ! thanks Jenn. I read a couple of other articles on PGD that had her listed as just one of the players. Of course, one of those also had Ashley Prange as the founder and owner - which I knew wasn't right.

    She AND her sister are stunning. Wish I was a high roller on my Vegas trips. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nisha not only runs Play Golf Designs, she is the founder and has done a remarkable job in bringing the company to prominence. Great call Golf Girl - Nisha is totally fab, just like you!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...