Saturday

Boston Weekend - Golf Expo Stories - Gina Cigar

.













Meredith Marie Dreyer is fun, flirty and fashionable. She loves golf... and golfers... and spends lots of time on golf courses.

She also knows how to clip and light a cigar with exceptional flair. That's part of what she does for Gina Cigar, an innovative Boston based company, run by Gina Rogers, another attractive Bostonian.

The company offers an unique way to personalize a charity or corporate golf tournament. A way that involves fun, friendly cigar girls like Meredith, and premium Gina cigars.

The girls participated in over 100 charity and corporate golf events in 2008, on some of the best golf courses in New England. Their events involved celebrity athletes from The New England Patriots and the Boston Bruins as well as actors like Matt Damon and Denis Leary. The professionalism of their team and the quality of their events have garnered them recognition as one New England's best ways to enhance a golf tournament.

Gina's website has all the deets, so check it out if you're looking for a way to make your tournament more fun... and more fruitful. And the Gina girls are social media savvy too. They've got their own blog, Golf Girls of New England. I can certainly relate to that title.

I met Meridith and Gina at The Boston Golf Expo where we spent the day on Friday. Gina Cigar was among the many local and national companies offering the latest in golf equipment, apparel, accessories and services. I'll be featuring more of what I discovered at the Boston Golf Expo over the coming days.

I also look forward to telling you about Women on Course, a women's golf networking organization that really gets it right. I joined them on Friday night for a superlative Happy Hour event at Flemings.

It was only 48 hours...and it was still rather wintery...but my Boston weekend definitely revolved around golf. I guess that's why they call me I call myself the Golf Girl.

10 comments:

  1. Clipping and lighting a cigar is easier said than done. Apparently I ruined one of my BFs ultra expensive cigars by clipping it wrong. Believe me, he let me know. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. well this may sound sexist...OK it IS sexist. But it's good to see some ladies who aren't "anti-cigar-anywhere on-the-planet" types.

    There's a group of women at my club who are out to get cigars banned on the golf course. Luckily I don't think they'll win, but they've managed to widen the male/female divide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only smoke cigars when my father in law is in town. It's also the only time i drink GREAT whiskey. The cigar offers a feeling of enjoyment and accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smoke like the Native Americans intended... on special occasions and in moderation. Saves the mouth and lungs from Cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a smoke except on occasion and that occasion is always on a golf course. Sometimes a cigar on a golf course just feels right. And as long the smoker's respect the nonsmoker's boundaries, there shouldn't be a problem. That said, the nonsmoker's boundaries shouldn't encompass the entire course. (I feel your pain Shark)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to have those ladies light my cigar and I don't even smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a Gina Girls seems like a great job. You get to spend lots of time on golf courses and meet lots of celebs.

    Any chance they want to open a midwestern branch?

    ReplyDelete
  8. . . . or a southwestern branch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. come on Shark - that's not sexist - and I'm with you - it's refreshing to find a woman who doesn't think everything men do is disgusting should be outlawed. (lol)

    The hypocrisy of people like that bunch of women at your club is overwhelming. They want to tell YOU what to do, but god help you if you do the same to them.

    I'm not a smoker, but if someone wants to smoke, that's fine by me as long as they are polite enough not to blow it in my face.

    (ummm - smoke like the Native Americans "intended" ? oh lord. They smoked how they wanted - it just happened to be in moderation. Guess what - I'm sure there were indians who abused smoking just like they do today. They didn't invent smoking - and they did/do smoke plants that are illegal today.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I noticed your review regarding Pembroke Country Club.
    You may not have seen the news but NHL star Jeremy Roenick purchased it last week and is doing a complete renovation.
    The new General Manager is Dereck Holt and can be reached at 617-510-2540.
    New website at www.Pembrokegolf.com and phone number at 781-829-2273.
    Also, Roenicklife.com under tab 4.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...