Thursday

Design Your Own Golf Course With Line Golfer

Don't ask me how I stumbled upon this little...diversion... but I wish I hadn't.

It's a game, and in the best of circumstance games can entertain you, while decimating all your good intentions to get lots of work done. Normally I avoid games for just that reason; I don't want to find myself missing an important deadline while gobbling up the current Pac-Man record.

Be it the seductive lure of a first person shooter or the nastolgia of an arcade classic, most of the time I just stay away from games in my on-line meanderings.

But this one intrigued me. "Design and play your own golf course!" said the blinking banner for a game called Line Golfer. How could I resist that, right?

2 hours, and at least a dozen attempts later, I have neither designed a decent course, nor played a decent round on one of he monstrosities I did manage to come up with. I'm really frustrated and what I want to know is: can anyone have a satisfying experience with Line Golfer. Would Pete Dye or Tom Fazio or ...Tiger Woods be able to do anything remotely impressive with it? I think not but then I think, maybe it's me. It reminded me of using an old-school etch-a-scetch. I kept coming up with drawings that looked...obscene. They looked like the art work I used to see on the bathroom door at the hangout next to our high school.

If anyone's not afraid of waisting an hour or three on a frustrating game. Stop by Line Golfer and let me know what you come up with.

7 comments:

  1. How did you stumble upon that little diversion...???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks. Like I needed another diversion. I've got to go play the game now and waste my valuable (ha!) time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you mean an additional 2 hours from the 3 I already waste, I mean spend, blogging.
    Girl, you need a header befitting your fabulous blog! Contact Kelly at Hamilton Happenings and see what she can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT MAKES SENSE THAT A 50 HANDICAPPER HAS PROBLEMS WITH GOLF COURSE DESIGN. STICK TO THE BASICS AND LEARN THE GAME FIRST... GET SOME REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE... OK OBAMA

    ReplyDelete
  5. SJN

    DIG THOSE FUNKY EYEGLASSES BABE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll take Wi golf anytime

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...