Sunday

The Masters, Golf and Trending on Twitter

At 6:00PM ET. This is what's trending on Twitter:




3. Masters

4. Phil

6. Kenny Perry

8. Mickelson





One of the awesome things about Twitter is that it's such a great way to track emerging trends. When something big happens, people tweet about it and it undoubtedly ends up at the top of Twitter Search.

This afternoon, as the leaders finished the 15th hole at Augusta, golf was definitely trending.

And at 6:30PM ET:




2. Tiger
3. Masters
4. Phil
5. Kenny Perry








This is what real people are talking about, in real time on Easter Sunday 2009.

6 comments:

  1. I've been so proud of Chad Campbell, who grew up just 25 or 30 miles away from me. Andrews has always had the most amazing golf team!

    I'm hoping for Perry, but it's anyone's game now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fascinating. The PGA / USGA should look at that at see what they can apply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I've ever enjoyed Twitter as much as today. Very fun. What a great tournament.

    However, it was a bit bizarre, because I found out about the American captain being freed on Twitter while chatting golf. I was the first one to share the news with my family. Made for a great Easter story.

    Definitely see the power of Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am developing a graphical display for twitter trends. See
    http://realtimetrender.blogspot.com/2009/04/here-we-go.html
    Follow the links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It truly was a great day of Twittering with all the fans of the PGA. I wish I could see a real time graph of all these keywords as I could tell you first hand they were spiking with every swing of Phil and Tiger's clubs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting data about golf. Thanks golfgirl.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...