Monday

PGA Tour Trending - Sean O'Hair and Bubba Watson's Hair

"Tiger Feasts on Quail"

Jay Busbee
had this delectable headline ready for his first post on Devil Ball this morning.

Unfortunately for Jay - and, I imagine, for countless other golf writers with Tiger titles at the ready - the predicted repast never happened. Instead the presumed predator wasn't even the first loser, a fact he himself reflected upon, after placing fourth.

In the end, it was the discreet Sean O'Hair who held up the whimsical birdbath trophy at Quail Hollow yesterday, despite a less than spectacular bogey/bogey finish.

Mr. O'Hair is an under-the-radar kind of guy anyway, and though he's very attractive and obviously one of the best golfers in the world, he's anything but flashy, and doesn't generate much in the way of buzz. Proof: despite his win yesterday, I didn't see him trending on Twitter. S.O'H tweets were few and far between, and they tended to look like this:

















Respectful, professional and proper.

The same can't be said for BubbaTweets though. The inimitable, long hitting Bubba Watson, who also edged out Tiger yesterday when he tied with Lucas Glover for second, was, in fact, trending on Twitter.

And a though he played some excellent golf at Q.Hol, much of the BubbaCentric Twittering was not focused on golf, but on ...other aspects of Mr. Watson's persona. Like his...hair.























You see what I mean? The thing is, this charismatic player has undergone a couple of rather radical stylistic transformations over the years as evidenced by the graphic below.

So, now that we're officially on the subject of Bubba Watson's hair, which Bubba do you like best?




10 comments:

  1. Normally I like short, short hair on a guy, but I must admit that Bubba looks better with it long. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my Bubba with a double-wide, about a half a dozen dogs that rest under the porch and a pick-up truck up on blocks in the front yard.

    Dude looks sharper now though I will say. What? I'm comfortable with my masculinity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guys got a long drive and now he has hair to match. I don't see the mullet frankly. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the long hair looks awful! Like a 70s thowback of the worst kind. There are better short haired pics of Mr. Watson out there. Here's one.

    http://img.timeinc.net/golf/i/tours/2007/04/apr1_watson_600x600.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elementary, Watson: the longer the better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long hair is clearly a better choice for Bubba. Contrary to what Lisa says, I think it looks more modern. Only thing is, he better avoid the backwater barbers or he really will end up with a mullet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No doubt J.B. Holmes agrees with me:

    "Elementary, Watson: the longer the better."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long hair and a pink shaft. Seems to work for Mr. Watson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bubba looks better now. Less gangly, more "grown-up".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Bubba looks great with his long dark hair, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...