Wednesday

Travelers Championship - CT Golf Takes Center Stage

The first round of the 2009 Traveler's Championship is just a couple of hours off.

The newly famous Ricky Barnes is in the house...um...in town, that is. He'll be teeing off at 7:21 with CT native J.J. Henry...a past winner at TPC Highlands... and Corey Pavin.

About a half hour later comes the prodigious pairing of Anthony Kim... making his Travelers debut... Sergio Garcia...2nd appearance... and recent winner Brian Gay. Defending champion (and Twitter Star) Stewart Cink has a 7:53 tee time. And that's just the morning.

The afternoon will has some awesome pairings as well, including the 1:03 ensemble of newly crowned US Open champion Lucas Glover. He'll play with Chad Campbell and my favorite-golfer-of-all-time, Vijay Singh.

The weather is meant to be hot and steamy. Which is fine with me...though perhaps not so fine with the golfers.

Oh, and tomorrow is the inaugural Travelers Championship Women’s Day, which is a full day geared towards women. I have a number of new golfer friends who are attending and I'll be bringing you highlights; special clinics, a women's golf expo...I hear there'll even be a wine tasting. I'll definitely bring you that story.

And...$10 of each ticket sold for Travelers Championship Women’s Day will benefit the Aurora Foundation for Women & Girls.

My goal is to Twitter regularly about everything that's going on... though I warn you, I'm easily distracted. I may frequently occasionally forget about my Twitter duties.

After all, my name isn't @IanJamesPoulter.

Photo of Vijay Singh: Golf Girl Media

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time! Wish I could be there (off to a wedding in CA in a few hours).

    And sounds like you had a good one last weekend. I'm sorry I missed you.

    Anyway, can't wait to hear more about the Travelers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And...$10 of each ticket sold for Travelers Championship Women’s Day will benefit the Aurora Foundation for Women & Girls."

    If I'm not mistaken, Helen Reddy founded that foundation with her song "I Am Woman, Hear Me Aurora."

    And if I am mistaken, I think it was Courtney Love.

    In either case, it was the one often photographed getting out of cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I want to hear your Tweets...go have a good time and then give us all the juicy details and maybe a wine recommendation or two!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...