Friday

Golf on Crete - Two Days, Two Courses ... To Come

.













...and I even managed some time at the beach. The real beach, not the bunkers (spent some time there too).

Now however, I'm back in Athens, and the city is teaming with returning vacationers. Everywhere you look you get a sense of the end of summer, though warm weather often prevails till late October and even the winter months are mild compared to ours in New England. The golf courses are open... and enjoyed... all year round too.

I'll be posting on the Crete courses in the coming days. Right now we're heading to a friends Kolonaki apartment for dinner. We may try to get another round in at Glyfada tomorrow before taking off for home on Sunday.

It's been an awesome trip, one that's given me a better understanding of the universal nature of perceptions (and misconceptions) about golf and how passionate golfers... in all corners of the world, it seems... are dealing with them.


Το Γκολφ στην Ελλάδα, Greek Golf Tourism

5 comments:

  1. Safe trip back. Seems like you've been gone forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Crete is a fine place for golf. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but should make for some great stories.


    golf club sets

    single golf clubs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta know -- over there do they call the 3-wood a Greecy spoon?

    I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm want photos! Remember I'm living vicariously thru you right now.

    I've been buying school clothes and supplies. I know you are jealous. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these last few posts brought back some memories. I used to live in Athens and played at Glyfada quite a bit. Is the Church still there. I can remember having to wait on Sunday mornings for the Church goers to cross the 11th fairway prior to hitting out tee shots.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...