Tuesday

New Tiger Woods Residence Gets Mixed Reviews

.















Granted the place is still under construction, however judging from current appearances, this modest abode is far more likely to grace the pages of Golf Digest than Architectural Digest.

It's the first look most have gotten at the future Jupiter Island home of the Woods family, and in its current state it's hard not to agree with The Palm Beach Post's Jose Lambiet when he describes 9,700 square ft. structure as looking like "a cross between and Motel 6 and a beach side nursing home".

According to Mr. Lambiet's sources the project is actually being overseen by Mrs. Woods. Which sort of makes sense as the gorgeous Elin Nordegren is Swedish, and contemporary Swedish design tends to be quite... minimalist. Think: IKEA. See what I mean? It makes sense.

The thing is, once the landscaping is done and that big, old, dusty parking lot has been transformed into a fabulous pool/spa surrounded by a lush green lawn... perhaps featuring a pristine putting green... it'll surely look splendid.

By this time next year I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the cover of Architectural Digest.

Check out Jose Lambiet's Page 2 Live for additional photos.

9 comments:

  1. It's only fair, he's gets to design golf courses she gets to design houses
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was married to Elin I'd let her design anything she wanted. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the Florida version of Poulter's fake Tudor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing there are at least two bathrooms. Gotta be.

    And there'll definitely be a putting green, driving range, and one large area in which to simply throw clubs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't imagine there are many Jupiter Island residents who'll mind have the Woods family as neighbors. I suppose the men-folk will be wanting golf lessons though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty easy job designing that home. She only had to please two people - her and Tiger.

    I seriously doubt she gives a rat's ass what we or anybody on the planet thinks about the design.

    I have a feeling they will enjoy it. Has anyone seen an aerial view of the property on the water and the 'yacht'...???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to build whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted. Hell, I'd even love to have people write about how ugly, or not ugly it is.

    Actually just being able to golf all year round would make me happy.

    ENJOY Woods family!

    BTW IKEA filled my small studio in D.C., but no one ever cared. Go figure?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not that impressed at all! I remember hearing he leveled the 75 million house to build a new - but for this???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this post...I think the home is all about location location location. For Tiger and Elin, this is a love nest extraordinaire and good for them!

    As generous as Tiger is with his charities and his outreach to kids, he deserves to live in comfort and ease!

    Plus, his handing design reins to Elin is very savvy!

    Cheers,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...